More vacancies of function type: PhD positions, Research, Development, Innovation;
of scientific field: Health; Food.
Aeres University of Applied Sciences - PhD position Lifestyles and regional food systems - inclusive strategies for ‘Feeding the City’
Specificaties - (uitleg)
|Locatie||Stadhuisstraat 18, Almere|
|Functietypes||PhD positions, Research, Development, Innovation|
|Wetenschappelijke discipline||Health, Food|
|Uren||38,0 uren per week|
|Vacaturenummer||AT PhD position|
Does your expertise match the ambitions of Aeres University of Applied Sciences ? Then we would like to get in touch with you. Candidates are invited for the position of: PhD position Lifestyles and regional food systems - inclusive strategies for ‘Feeding the City’ (1fte).
AUAS offers a PhD position to complement the research team. The PhD candidate receives the opportunity to write his/her thesis and develop as an academic and applied researcher in the context of the agenda ‘Feeding the City' with the aim of contributing to sustainable and feasible solutions for an urban/metropolitan food system. The position regards the following project:
Almere aims to improve access to healthy, affordable and sustainable food for all groups within its urban population. By promoting regionally oriented food provision structures, Almere wants to demonstrate how and to what extent cities themselves can be self-sufficiency in providing healthy foods in a sustainable manner. The ambition is based on assumptions about the potential positive contributions of such a transition, which include contributing ? to a healthier diet and increased sustainability of the city. However, a good overview is lacking on which assumptions are or are not substantiated. What could be the significance of regional food supply. The PhD candidate studies the food consumption practices of various groups within the population of Almere and the potential sustainability and health benefits of a regional food system. Questions include:
- Why do the citizens of Almere eat the food they do? How do food consumption patterns relate to food access points and how are these patterns embedded in the wider organisation of everyday life? How inclusive are the various food provision channels? How does regional food reach the consumers?
- To what extent can a regional food system contribute to reducing the ecological footprint of the city as well as improving the health and wellbeing of its citizens?
Do diets take a healthier turn when the food is regionally sourced? The city of Almere provides a living lab for testing these questions. Important focal points of the research are social cohesion and social (in) equality in access to various food provision structures. In combining aspects of equality, health and ecology the research aims to provide insights into i) how the impact of a regional food system can be determined, and ii) how, for whom and under which conditions local food systems can contribute to healthy and sustainable urban food security.
- You have a (research) Master degree: in an area of specialisation that is relevant in relation to the PhD theme.
- You have excellent results in your first degree/graduate study.
- You have explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research.
- You have a keen interest in food system transformation, healthy living, environmental sustainability and urban development.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- You have strong quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- You have strong scientific writing skills.
- You are highly motivated to work in a team.
- You have strong social skills and the ability to effectively communicate with different stakeholders.
- You are an enthusiastic and pro-active self-starting personality.
- You have excellent organizational skills.
- You are prepared to participate in educational tasks.
What we offer
Dynamic work in a dynamic and developing organisation. The challenge of working in a University of Applied Sciences is the integration in a team for the development of young professionals. There are good opportunities for your further development. The PhD position carries a salary that starts with a salary of € 2.638,45 based on the salary scale 10 of the cao hbo on fulltime employment. We first offer you a contract for the period of 1 year. After the first contract, the length of the following contract(s) is equal to the period of the PhD. Additional work benefits can justly be called generous.
- Hours: 38.0 hours/week
- Employer: Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Location: Almere
Aeres University of Applied Sciences
Professional development, exploring new horizons, fostering innovative entrepreneurship, contextual learning and the sustainable management of resources are the focus areas of the Aeres Group.
Aeres University of Applied Sciences is a branch of the Aeres Group. Aeres is a broad, multifaceted knowledge centre on food, living environment and green. Aeres specialises in regular education (primary, vocational, diploma-level, higher diploma-level, bachelor and master programmes), skills and practical training, commercial services and applied research.
Aeres University of Applied Sciences, with one of its 3 Faculties in the City of Almere, contributes to the social development of future-oriented and innovative professionals. Persons who can take responsible decisions in a complex world, with a natural gift for sustainable solutions.
Aeres University of Applied Sciences values the quality and practical orientation of its education and research, as well as the fine tuning of its related work processes. The university has an extensive project portfolio.