Meer informatie over en actuele vacatures van Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) on AcademicTransfer.
More vacancies of function type: PhD positions;
of scientific field: Economics.
Specificaties - (uitleg)
|Locatie||Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam|
|Uren||38,0 uren per week|
|About employer||Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR)|
Inspired by earlier research assessments and self-evaluations, research in Management & Organisation is organised around three “centres of gravity” that provide focus and visibility to the programme’s research efforts: Organisational Behaviour; Corporate Engagement, Sustainability, and Governance; and Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management. Some of these centres of gravity are young within ERIM and in fact were in their start-up phase at the beginning of the six-year period evaluated here (e.g., Organisational Behaviour), others were already more mature (e.g. Innovation Management), but also include more recent extensions (e.g., the focus on behavioural business ethics in Corporate Engagement, Sustainability, and Governance). In a sense, then, these thematic foci can partly be judged as mature themes, but should also be considered as new initiatives that may be assessed more in terms of their viability and potential than in terms of their proven track record. In short, “Organising for Performance” is a viable and productive research programme, characterised by an exciting mix of mature and emerging research emphases.
To be considered for a PhD position in Management at ERIM, candidates are expected to have:
- MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, mathematics, etc. (depending on PhD project)
- Excellent results in their first degree/graduate study.
- Explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research.
- A GMAT-test (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE-test (Graduate Record Examinations) is required for all entering students. The test results should not be older than five years and an indication of the required score is 85%.
- Applicants have to provide ERIM with either TOEFL or IELTS test results. ERIM requires a TOEFL score of at least 100 on the internet based test and 600 on the paper based test. For IELTS there is a minimum score of 7.5. The language test results should not be older than two years.
- In addition to these formal requirements, candidates for the Programme are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interview(s) with the potential supervisor(s)
Conditions of employment
Our predefined PhD projects are fully funded and salaried positions, meaning that appointed PhD candidates are employees (promovendus) of Erasmus University Rotterdam. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO-NU). Starting monthly salary for PhD candidates is € 2,042 in year 1, € 2,379 in year 2, € 2492 in year 3, and € 2612 in the final year (all mentioned figures are gross and fixed amounts). Successful candidates are appointed on a full-time basis for a total of 4 years. Candidate's performance is evaluated after 18 months and if positive, the contract is extended for 2.5 years. Preferred starting date of PhD appointment is 1st September 2012.
Working at the Erasmus University Rotterdam means working in a professional environment, where development is encouraged through an active career and mobility policy. The Erasmus University Rotterdam highly appreciates flexibility and offers a 38-hour workweek, flexible working hours, maternal/paternal leave, holiday allowance, end year bonus etc. Moreover, the University has a company childcare scheme, possibilities to participate in a terms of employment option model, company savings program and life insurance schemes and favourable collective insurance schemes. Employees can also make use of facilities such as sports facilities and library. For more information about the employment conditions please click here.
Furthermore, PhD candidates also benefit from the state-of-the- art research facilities and financial support programme (ERIM Support Programmes - ESP), which ERIM has set up a for a wide range of research-related activities like conference participation and visit, international job market visit, external courses, scientific and educational literature, working visit to international supervisor, international research study/visit, etc.
Dienstverband: Temporary, 4 years