Meer informatie over en actuele vacatures van Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) on AcademicTransfer.
More vacancies of function type: Professors, associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers;
of scientific field: Behaviour and Society; Language and Culture;Media, Communication and Business.
Specificaties - (uitleg)
|Locatie||Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam|
|Functietypes||Professors, associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers|
|Wetenschappelijke discipline||Behaviour and Society, Language and Culture, Media, Communication and Business|
|Uren||40,0 uren per week|
|About employer||Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR)|
The successful candidate is expected to:
- carry out internationally oriented, empirical research that is publishable in established international refereed journals;
- contribute actively to the development of the Department’s research in the field of media, communication and business;
- expand the Department’s national and international research connections;
- contribute to the generation additional research funding from national and international funding agencies and other organizations;
- participate actively in the Erasmus Research Centre for Media, Communication and Culture (ERMeCC), and in a relevant national Dutch KNAW recognized research school, as well as in relevant international scientific associations and networks.
- perform teaching and supervising tasks for the International Bachelor’s programme in Communication and Media (IBCoM) and the international Master’s programmes in Media Studies, in particular the MA programme in Media and Business;
- make a substantial contribution to the development of both bachelor and master level courses in the following fields: media and business; economic aspects of the media industries; international business communication; media and communications management; organizational communication.
- teach one or more of the methodological core courses and one or more practically oriented workshops that are part of the IBCoM-curriculum;
- contribute to the expansion of international exchange and internship opportunities for our Bachelor and Master students;
- contribute to other educational programmes offered by the ESHCC.
- contribute to the management tasks of the Department;
- take an active part in relevant national and international academic networks and organizations;
- develop and maintain close contacts with relevant organizations and professionals in the field of media, communication and business.
The successful candidate considers it a challenge and a privilege to contribute to the development of the new International Bachelor’s programme in Communication and Media at Erasmus
University. She or he has:
- a PhD in one of the social sciences, preferably in the field of communication, and ranks among the top 10-20% of his or her peer group;
- a strong research track record, including publications in international refereed journals;
- ample experience with social-scientific research methods;
- the ability and willingness to develop and conduct cross-national, comparative research;
- expert knowledge inseveral of the following fields: media and business; economic aspects of the media industries; international business communication; media and communications management; organizational communication;
- the potential to generate research funds from national and international funding agencies and to supervise junior researchers and PhD students;
- prior teaching experience with the proven ability to inspire students from undergraduate to postgraduate levels, apparent from positive assessments by students and peers. Candidates who don’t possess a formal teaching qualification, are expected to acquire it within two years (according to the standards of the so-called Basis Qualifications for Teaching, BKO);
- the ability and willingness to teach a wide range of topics in the field of communication and to develop new courses;
- strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to work closely together with others in a team environment;
- proficiency in spoken and written English. Non-English speakers have to meet the
C1-standards of the Common European Framework (CEF). International applicants are expected to acquire a passive understanding of the Dutch language within two years.
Employment starts preferably in September 2012 and in March 2013 at the latest. Contracts will be running for a fixed term of two years with a possible extension. Depending on their track-record and performance, candidates may be invited to enter Erasmus University’s tenure track programme, which offers them the possibility to qualify for a tenured position as Associate Professor (UHD).
The conditions of employment correspond with the CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten (CAO NU). Salary is subject to training and experience and corresponds to Scale 12 CAO NU, with a maximum of € 4.970,- gross per month on a 38 hour per week contract.
In accordance with the CAO NU a placement in a starting grade is possible for the maximum duration of two years.
The EUR has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8.0%, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% and 41 annual vacation days in case of a full workweek.
Working at the Erasmus University Rotterdam
Working at the Erasmus University Rotterdam means working in a professional environment, where development is encouraged through an active career and mobility policy.The Erasmus University Rotterdam highly appreciates flexibility: we have a 38-hour workweek, flexible working hours, possibilities to work part-time and maternal/paternal leave. Moreover, the University has a company childcare scheme, possibilities to participate in a terms of employment option model, company savings program and life insurance schemes and favourable collective insurance schemes. Employees can also make use of facilities such as sports facilities and library.
Dienstverband: Temporary, two years with a possible extension.