Meer informatie over en actuele vacatures van Leiden University on AcademicTransfer.
More vacancies of function type: PhD positions;
of scientific field: Behaviour and Society; Language and Culture.
Specificaties - (uitleg)
|Wetenschappelijke discipline||Behaviour and Society, Language and Culture|
|Uren||38,0 uren per week|
|Salaris||maximaal € 2612|
|About employer||Leiden University|
The successful candidate will:
- conduct original research in line with both the general research project and the PhD-project described above,
- complete a PhD thesis in 4 years,
- present intermediate research results at (international) conferences,
- submit research results for publication in peer-reviewed academic journals,
- assist in teaching activities in the domain of music cognition,
- participate in the programme’s research activities and and their organization, including reading and discussions groups, seminars, conferences, workshops, and joint publications.
- collaborate with the researchers in the other teams of the programme.
We are looking for someone who:
- holds a Master's or equivalent degree in cognitive science, music cognition, linguistics, or psychology. Students who are close to finishing their Master’s program are also welcome to apply.
- has a good basic knowledge of the research methods of at least two of the following fields: cognitive science, music cognition, phonology, or psychology,
- is eager to expand his/her knowledge and skills in all of these fields,
- has a curious, enterprising, and creative mind as well as excellent analytical and organizational skills,
- has an excellent command of both spoken and written English, as well as outstanding writing skills,
- has the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, as well as the ambition to pursue an academic career in an internationally oriented scientific context.
We offer a dynamic, enthusiastic, inspiring and supportive working environment. Our focus will be on training you to be a top-notch independent scientist. In addition to thorough research training, the graduate schools of both universities offer a variety of courses aimed at training of professional and personal skills. In addition, advanced courses to deepen scientific knowledge are offered by various national research schools.
The project will run for four years and must lead to the completion of a PhD thesis. We will offer an initial contract of 18 months, which is extended with an additional 30 months after a positive evaluation of your research skills, initial results, and compatibility. The appointment will be under the terms of the CAO (collective labour agreement) of the Dutch Universities. The gross monthly salary is set on € 2042,- in the first year up to € 2612,- gross per month in year four. Benefits include a pension build-up, an annual holiday premium of 8% and an end-of-year premium of 8.3%. Non-Dutch nationals may be eligible for a substantial tax break (30% ruling).
Leiden is a typical university city, hosting the oldest university in the Netherlands (1575). The University permeates the local surroundings; University premises are scattered throughout the city, and the students who live and study in Leiden give the city its relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere.
Leiden University is one of Europe's foremost research universities. This prominent position gives our graduates a leading edge in applying for academic posts and for functions outside academia.