Meer informatie over en actuele vacatures van Leiden University on AcademicTransfer.
More vacancies of function type: Postdoc positions;
of scientific field: Behaviour and Society; Language and Culture.
Specificaties - (uitleg)
|Wetenschappelijke discipline||Behaviour and Society, Language and Culture|
|Uren||38,0 uren per week|
|Salaris||maximaal € 3530|
|About employer||Leiden University|
The successful candidate will:
- conduct original research in line with both the general research project and the Postdoc-project described above;
- present intermediate research results at (international) conferences;
- submit research results for publication in peer-reviewed academic journals;
- assist in teaching activities in the domain of music cognition;
- participate in the programme’s research activities and and their organization, including reading and discussions groups, seminars, conferences, workshops, and joint publications;
- collaborate with the researchers in the other teams of the programme;
- apply for external funding related to the priority program.
We are looking for someone who:
- has completed a doctoral degree in a relevant field, such as cognitive science, music cognition, linguistics, or psychology. PhD students who are close to defending their dissertation are also welcome to apply;
- has a keen interest in cognitive science, music cognition, and linguistics;
- has publications in peer-reviewed journals or with established academic publishers;
- has a curious, enterprising, and creative mind as well as excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- has an excellent command of both spoken and written English, as well as outstanding writing and presentation skills;
- has the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, as well as the ambition to pursue an academic career in an internationally oriented scientific context. Experience with external fundraising is an advantage.
We offer a dynamic, enthusiastic, inspiring and supportive working environment. In addition to thorough research training, the graduate schools of both universities offer a variety of courses aimed at training of professional and personal skills. In addition, advanced courses to deepen scientific knowledge are offered by various national research schools.
You can choose an appointment for three years at 1.0fte or for four years at 0.75fte. The Postdoc project must result in the publication of a minimum of three articles. The appointment will be under the terms of the CAO (collective labour agreement) of the Dutch Universities. The gross monthly salary based on full-time employment ranges from € 2977,- in the first year up to a maximum of € 3530,- gross per month, depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits include a pension build-up, an annual holiday premium of 8% and an end-of-year premium of 8.3%. Non-Dutch nationals may be eligible for a substantial tax break (30% ruling).
Leiden is a typical university city, hosting the oldest university in the Netherlands (1575). The University permeates the local surroundings; University premises are scattered throughout the city, and the students who live and study in Leiden give the city its relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere.
Leiden University is one of Europe's foremost research universities. This prominent position gives our graduates a leading edge in applying for academic posts and for functions outside academia.