Meer informatie over en actuele vacatures van Leiden University on AcademicTransfer.
More vacancies of function type: Professors, associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers;
of scientific field: Behaviour and Society; Language and Culture.
Assistant Professor in Comparative Indo-European Linguistics
Specificaties - (uitleg)
|Functietypes||Professors, associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers|
|Wetenschappelijke discipline||Behaviour and Society, Language and Culture|
|Uren||19,0 uren per week|
|About employer||Leiden University|
- Teaching and developing courses in the track Comparative Indo-European Linguistics (Vergelijkende Indo-Europese Taalwetenschap) of BA and MA Linguistics as well as general courses Linguistics.
- Research in Comparative Indo-European linguistics and supervision of BA, MA and PhD theses.
- Acquisition of research grants at the national and international level.
- Managerial and organizational responsibilities in LUCL as well as in BA and MA Linguistics.
- A PhD in the field of Comparative Indo-European Linguistics.
- A broad expertise in teaching and research.
- Excellent research qualities and research experience in the study of the historical development of Indo-European languages.
- Experience with research-driven teaching.
- Proven didactic qualities (teaching evaluations).
- Non-Dutch nationals are expected to fluently speak Dutch within two years after their appointment.
Upon appointment, depending on experience to date, the Assistant Professor may be required to enter a nationally standardized tertiary teaching skills certification trajectory (BKO or Basis Kwalificatie Onderwijs), successful completion of which is a condition for extension of contract and tenure.
The position is for 0.5 fte as Assistant Professor (Universitair Docent 2), for two years, with the possibility of another three years. Contingent upon performance, this tenure-track position may lead to a permanent position. The appointment will proceed in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten). The salary level ranges from € 3.259,- to € 4.462,- gross per month (salary scale 11), commensurate with qualifications, with additional holiday and end-of-year bonuses. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax reduction (30% rule). More information about the terms of employment can be found at: staff.leiden.edu/.
Leiden is a typical university city, hosting the oldest university in the Netherlands (1575). The University permeates the local surroundings; University premises are scattered throughout the city, and the students who live and study in Leiden give the city its relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere.
Leiden University is one of Europe's foremost research universities. This prominent position gives our graduates a leading edge in applying for academic posts and for functions outside academia.