Specificaties - (uitleg)
|Functietypes||Professors, associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers|
|Wetenschappelijke discipline||Natural Sciences|
|Uren||30,4 - 38,0 uren per week|
|Salaris||maximaal € 4691|
|About employer||Radboud University|
We expect you to contribute to the training of undergraduate and graduate students of the Science Faculty as well as of students taking the Research Master’s degree programme of Cognitive Neuroscience offered by the Donders Institute. You are expected to possess, or otherwise willing to acquire, the basic university teaching qualification (BKO). The candidate should have demonstrated experience in the supervision of PhD students and non-academic technical personnel.
The position is ideally suited for a junior faculty member to be appointed at the assistant professor level, but experienced candidates with established research programmes, external funding and significant teaching experience may be considered for an appointment at the associate professor level.
- a collaborative, open attitude with excellent communication skills;
- proven ability to acquire research grants;
- a line of research that fits within one of the four themes of the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour;
- a PhD in systems neuroscience, neurobiology, cognitive neuroscience, or a related discipline;
- several years of postdoctoral research experience;
- proven expertise in cognitive neuroimaging in modalities (e.g. MRI, MEG, TMS, EEG) with a strong background in theoretical and computational approaches;
- established track and publication record in top-ranked scientific journals;
- teaching skills as evidenced by a basic university teaching qualification (BKO), or the willingness to acquire this certificate.
- duration of the contract: 6 years; your performance will be evaluated after 6 years. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be converted into a permanent contract
- you will be classified as an Assistant Professor (UD) or Associate Professor in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO).
starting salary will depend on experience.
Radboud University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
You will be based at the Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging and will be embedded in the Donders Center for Neuroscience of the Science Faculty (Radboud University, Nijmegen, Netherlands). The Donders Institute possesses (amongst other resources) an MEG (CTF, 275 channels), three 3T MRI systems, plus a 7T whole body system based in nearby Essen, EEG laboratories, including a baby lab, NIRs, and TMS laboratories. All fully equipped and well supported. Scanning access to these facilities does not rely directly on the acquisition of third party funding. The Donders Institute fosters a collaborative, multidisciplinary, supportive research environment with a diverse international staff. English is the lingua franca at the Institute.
No commercial propositions please.