Professor of Steel, Hybrid and Composite Structures
Specifications - (explanation)
|Function types||Professors, associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers|
|Hours||38.0 hours per week|
|Salary||maximum € 8622|
|About employer||Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)|
In addition to conducting research and aquiring funding, the Professor supervises PhD students, gives lectures and participates broadly in industry, research institutes and committees. The Professor also carries out management tasks in the faculty and department.
• hold a PhD in a relevant field;
• be a talented researcher of international standing;
• have a solid record of publications in internationally recognised journals;
• have relevant teaching experience;
• have the ability to initiate new and innovative research programmes;
• have a proven record of securing research grants from funding sources;
• have a clear interest and involvement in large-scale laboratory experiments;
• have collaboration experience with relevant industrial sectors;
• have the ability to communicate with all parties in relevant industry sectors;
• have proven leadership skills and be able to collaborate effectively with other staff members.
Professional engineering experience is an asset. International applicants must be willing to acquire a working knowledge of the Dutch language.
Conditions of employment
TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
For more information about this position, please contact prof.dr.ir. L. J. Sluys, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please e-mail a detailed CV, a list of publications, three references and a letter of application to Recruitment-CiTG@tudelft.nl, before May 20, 2012.
When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number CITG12-07.
The interviews are likely to take place on Monday 4 June 2012.
Contract type: Permanent
Civil Engineering & Geosciences