Meer informatie over en actuele vacatures van Maastricht University (UM) on AcademicTransfer.
More vacancies of function type: Postdoc positions;
of scientific field: Behaviour and Society.
Post-doc position at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Department of Political Science
Specificaties - (uitleg)
|Locatie||Maastricht 6200 MD Limburg|
|Wetenschappelijke discipline||Behaviour and Society|
|Uren||38,0 uren per week|
|Salaris||maximaal € 2977|
|About employer||Maastricht University (UM)|
The Post-doctoral position is designed for a scholar who has recently received his or her PhDs in order to:
- Conduct in-depth research on the role of parliamentary administrations in the Netherlands and Denmark (including research stays at the capitals of these Member States);
- Gather qualitative and quantitative data on parliamentary involvement in EU affairs across all 27 Member States (in cooperation with student assistants providing language support);
- Contribute to the joint publications of the project team and the project as a whole;
- Organise and attend meetings, workshops and conferences of the project team at Maastricht University and of the joint project of the 4 partners;
- Prepare grant applications for new research projects;
- Contribute to the Faculty's teaching programme in European Studies.
We are looking for a Post-doc candidate who:
- has a PhD in Political Science, from a University in the Netherlands or abroad.
- can provide evidence of or potential for international excellence in published research.
- has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (proficiency of Dutch and/or Danish language is an advantage).
- is a team-player and is willing to contribute proactively to the conduct of the project.
- is willing to travel and to conduct research or present research results abroad.
The research fellow will have the unique opportunity to carry out in-depth research on the role of national parliaments in the EU and will be part of an international network of top-Universities and renowned scholars within the field.
We offer the research fellow a full time (1.0 fte) appointment as Post-doc for 3 years. After a positive assessment of the first year, the position will be extended for the remaining 2 years.
Depending on experience and qualification, the gross monthly salary is about € 2.977,00 per month, scale level 10 (based on a full-time appointment). The gross yearly salary is about € 41.500,00 (based on a full-time appointment).
If you do not already live in Maastricht (or its direct surroundings) you will be eligible for an allowance for alternative housing or, if eligible for the 30% tax rule, for a tax reduction.
You will be reimbursed for the costs of one return trip (economy/2nd class) between your main place of residence and Maastricht.
You will be provided with shared office space and a PC.
Dienstverband: Temporary, 3 years
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 14,500 students and 3,800 employees. Reflecting the university's strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Humanities and Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASoS) has 200 employees and 1600 students. All programmes are (also) offered in English. Its students come from all over the world. FASoS offers two 3-year bachelors programmes: Arts and Culture, and European Studies, six different 1-year masters courses and two 2-year research masters programmes. It has a Graduate School with an intake of about 10 PhD students each year. Research is organized across three programmes: Politics and Culture in Europe; Science, Technology and Society Studies; and Cultural Memory and Diversity. The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences is located in several recently renovated, 18th century buildings in the historic city-centre of Maastricht.