Specifications - (explanation)
|Function types||Postdoc positions|
|Hours||40.0 hours per week|
|About employer||University of Twente (UT)|
Our research contributes to securing future ICS/SCADA systems. We are focusing mostly on advanced persistent threats like Stuxnet, as we assume they will become more ubiquitous and are especially hard to defend from. The candidate for this position is expected to join and extend the ICS and SCADA-related research agenda of the DIES group and contribute to our research in national and European research projects. Research topics may, e.g., include anomaly-based intrusion detection in ICS, automated device fingerprinting and network analysis of ICS/SCADA devices, and security testing tools and methodologies for ICS/SCADA penetration testing. This type of research requires a candidate with a strong background in practical system level skills. Furthermore, the candidate is expected to support supervision of PhD students, contribute to our on-going projects, and also contribute to future project proposals to strengthen our research profile. Our group is member of multiple national and European research projects with strong links to industry. One example is the currently ongoing CRISALIS FP7 project (www.crisalis-project.eu/). In our research we closely interact with our spin-off company Security Matters.
- hold (or will finish very soon) a recent PhD in computer science or a closely related discipline (mandatory);
- have a proven research record documented by excellent publications in the field;
- have done research in the field of ICS and SCADA security;
- have participated in cooperative research projects at national or international level;
- have excellent communication skills, mastering both oral and written English fluently;
- are able to pursue challenging, interdisciplinary research problems and deliver proof-of-concept results;
- have strong practical security skills, including C, C++, embedded systems, intrusion, and IT forensics; and
- have good management and team leading skills.
For more information please contact Prof. Dr. Frank Kargl (email@example.com) or Dr. Damiano Bolzoni (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications have to be submitted via the central job portal of the University of Twente at www.utwente.nl/vacatures/en/.
Please ensure that your application includes at least:
- a motivation letter specifically addressing our position,
- full curriculum vitae including a list of all courses and marks,
- publication list incl. a one-page summary of your PhD thesis,
- two recommendation letters (or alternatively the names and email addresses of two references).
Conditions of employment
Additionally, the University of Twente provides excellent facilities for professional and personal development, a holiday allowance (amounts to 8%), an endofyear bonus (amounts to 8,3%) and a number of additional benefits. Your main responsibility will be to carry out research.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which drives change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university in the Netherlands; divided over six faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. The University of Twente has a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out pioneering research.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes MESA+, CTIT and MIRA.