More information about and active vacancies of University of Amsterdam (UvA) on AcademicTransfer.
More vacancies of function type: Professors, associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers;
or scientific field: Law.
Specifications - (explanation)
|Function types||Professors, associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers|
|Hours||38.0 hours per week|
|Salary||€ 3195 - € 4970|
|About employer||University of Amsterdam (UvA)|
The opening is for a position of University Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at the Department of Jurisprudence. The Department is responsible for several courses in the bachelor programme in Law: among others, Introduction to Law, European Legal History, Research Skills, Legal Sociology, and Legal Philosophy. Bachelor-courses are taught in Dutch. The research of the department is embedded in the Paul Scholten Centre for Jurisprudence (PSC), in particular, the Research Programme on The Rule of Law at the Limits. The aim of this programme is to examine challenges for the traditional understandings of the rule of law posed by contemporary developments such as globalization, instrumental approaches to law, and the development of alternative mechanisms for dispute resolution and rule-enforcement.
- Teaching courses in the field of Legal Philosophy and Legal Theory, as well as Introduction to Law or Research Skills;
- contributing to designing, revising, and evaluating course programmes and materials;
- supervising bachelor theses;
- performing research as part of the research programme of the Paul Scholten Centre on the Rule of Law at the Limits;
- performing administrative/organisational tasks.
- Preferably graduated in Law;
- dissertation on a subject in the field of Legal Philosophy;
- preferably post-doctoral experience as is evident from one or more international publications or research grant applications;
- excellent didactic skills, preferably expressed in educational evaluations;
- capacity to teach in English and Dutch. If Dutch language skills are insufficient, the candidate will be asked to acquire these skills within a three-years period.
Conditions of employment
The appointment will be for the period of three years, with the perspective of a permanent appointment. The gross monthly salary will be in accordance with University regulations for academic personnel, and will range from €3,195.- (scale 11) to a maximum of €4,970- (scale 12) based on a full-time contract.
University of Amsterdam - Faculty of Law
The Faculty of Law is strongly engaged in society and has an international orientation, which is reflected in its research and education activities. The Faculty offers three Bachelor's programmes and a number of Master's programmes, two of which are taught exclusively in English (i.e. International and European Law and European Private Law). With its 3,500 students and 400 staff members, it is one of the largest law faculties in the Netherlands. The Faculty is located in the centre of Amsterdam.