Meer informatie over en actuele vacatures van University of Amsterdam (UvA) on AcademicTransfer.
More vacancies of function type: Professors, associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers;
of scientific field: Law.
Specificaties - (uitleg)
|Functietypes||Professors, associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers|
|Uren||38,0 uren per week|
|Salaris||€ 4712 - € 6299|
|About employer||University of Amsterdam (UvA)|
The Department of Public International Law and European Law is inviting applications for a five-year position as Associate Professor (UHD) of Public International Law. The position will serve as a temporary replacement of the Chair of Public International Law who is Dean of the Faculty for the coming five years.
The primary responsibilities of the candidate will be to lecture in courses in the Bachelor programme courses on international law and the LL.M. Public International Law and European Law; to supervise reports of the Amsterdam International Law Clinic and LL.M. theses, and to conduct research within ACIL. We welcome in particular candidates with a thorough background in general international law.
- teaching (part of) courses on Public International Law in the Bachelor programme;
- teaching and co-ordinating courses in the Master/LL.M. programme;
- supervising LL.M. theses on public international law;
- performing administrative/organisational tasks within the department;
- conducting research, and actively contributing to the research community of ACIL.
- Completed dissertation in Public International Law and several years of academic experience;
- proven ability to provide excellent and inspiring teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- demonstrable capacity of high level academic research through publications, focused on international ‘peer reviewed’ journals and/or books published by internationally recognized academic presses;
- excellent command of English and capacity to teach in English; additional command of Dutch and the capacity to teach in Dutch is preferred;
- experience with the acquisition of research and other funding;
- good communication skills, the ability to work in a team as well as independently.
Based on a full-time appointment (38 hours per week) the gross monthly salary will range from €4,712 to €6,299 (scale 13 or 14) depending on experience. The salary shall be complemented by 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% annual bonus. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable. The appointment will be temporary for five years. Possibilities for a permanent position will be discussed after 4 years. A non-fulltime position, for instance 0,8 fte, can be discussed.
With over 5,000 employees, 30,000 students and a budget of more than 600 million euros, the University of Amsterdam (UvA) is an intellectual hub within the Netherlands. Teaching and research at the UvA are conducted within seven faculties: Humanities, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Economics and Business, Law, Science, Medicine and Dentistry. Housed on four city campuses in or near the heart of Amsterdam, where disciplines come together and interact, the faculties have close links with thousands of researchers and hundreds of institutions at home and abroad.
The UvA’s students and employees are independent thinkers, competent rebels who dare to question dogmas and aren’t satisfied with easy answers and standard solutions. To work at the UvA is to work in an independent, creative, innovative and international climate characterised by an open atmosphere and a genuine engagement with the city of Amsterdam and society.
The Faculty of Law of the University of Amsterdam favours an international and interdisciplinary approach. Many staff members practice law, while others maintain ties to the corporate world. Law clinics provide students both a chance to give back to the community and to gain practical experience.
With nearly 4300 students and 400 staff, the Faculty of Law is one of the largest law schools in the Netherlands.
The opening is for a position at the Department of Public International Law and European Law. The Department provides education in the bachelor's programme in Law and offers an LL.M. programme Public International Law and European Law as well as a two-year Research Masters in Public International Law. Its research is embedded in the Amsterdam Center for International Law (ACIL), one of the Centers of Excellence of the University of Amsterdam.