Specifications - (explanation)
|Function types||Managerial positions|
|Hours||36.0 hours per week|
|About employer||Wageningen UR (University & Research centre)|
We expect you to provide scientific and business development direction to the group, to co-shape innovations, to excel in project acquisition and management, and to expand our academic portfolio with scientific/other publications and presentations significantly. You will be the scientific leader of a group of 15-20 (senior) scientists, technicians and (PhD, MSc, BSc) students.
This is what it’s all about Horsemeat, organic eggs, milk powder containing melamine, road salt instead of table salt, wine diluted with water and many other examples: this is what it’s all about. A wide range of physical and chemical analysis techniques are used to investigate the authenticity of food products and detect food fraud. Special attention is given to innovative profiling methods, where fingerprinting is combined with statistics to characterise and verify products.
- Academic degree in food science or analytical chemistry
- Excellent track record in project acquisition and management
- Ample experience and interest in writing of scientific and other publications
- Customer oriented attitude
- An innovative spirit
- Enthusiasm to go to conferences, network meetings, business partnering events, stakeholder-meetings etc.), in the Netherlands and abroad
- Outstanding networking and communication skills
- Leadership qualities, especially aiming at collaboration, coaching, linking, and results-driven
- In case you’re not Dutch: the intention to learn the Dutch language to allow participation in meetings after 1-2 years.
Conditions of employment
Contract type: Temporary, Onbekend
Please send your letter of application with CV before 30 November 2013 via the website WWW.werkenbij.wur.nl