Working in close cooperation with the other professors in the Faculty and Department, the candidate will play a leading and inspiring role in strengthen and broaden our fundamental research portfolio and teaching programs in (structural) material engineering. As such, applicants will be selected based on their potential to initiate and lead novel scientific research, develop and contribute to modern educational programs and invest in international networks. Thus, the successful appointee will be expected to:
Information and application
- be an outstanding scientist within the field of micro-mechanical analyses in structural materials with a close link to experimental characterization and validation;
- have a clear and inspiring vision on the future development of the field;
- have a passion for teaching and for developing education that cultivate student-learning (You hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this);
- be an excellent and inspiring teacher and coach, with a proven capability of leading a multi-disciplinary team;
- be actively involved in the relevant academic networks and able to engage with both science and industry;
- be able to demonstrate a track record in successfully obtaining grant funding;
- have strong communication skills in English.
An executive search exercise is being undertaken by Perrett Laver to assist the recruitment committee. Applications should consist of a covering letter explaining motivation and qualifications for the position and a full curriculum vitae, including a list of publications.
Perrett Laver may be contacted for informal enquiries and questions about the post on +31 (0)20 240 4378 or firstname.lastname@example.org, applications can be uploaded at www.perrettlaver.com/candidates, quoting reference number 4307
. The closing date for applications is 9 am CET on 25th October 2019
Applications will be considered by the recruitment committee and preliminarily shortlisted candidates will subsequently be invited for informal conversations with the University, after which a formal shortlist of candidates will be invited for interview and campus visits. Selection of and negotiations with the preferred candidate will take place thereafter. Please note that this vacancy is only open to female scientists. This is part of the University of Twente’s strategy to increase the proportion of women among its faculty and to create a working environment that is diverse and inclusive and supportive of excellence in research and teaching.