Are you a pro-active and experienced medior scientist? Do you have a passion for creating sustainable solutions to provide better food for more people? Then this role might be yours!
You are an enthusiastic and pro-active researcher in the field of Nutrition and Health that contributes significantly to the challenging research of our Food, Health and Consumer Research group within the research institute Wageningen Food & Biobased Research. You will play a pivotal role in our research in which the health effects of nutrition are being investigated with human volunteer studies. You set up a research plan and execute the plan with the team around you. Consequently, you will work on analyzing the data sets, interpret the results and report them. The consumer questions are primarily in the "Personalized Nutrition & Health" and "Food Clinical Trials" research lines. This means that you have to be able to switch between multiple projects and customers and to be able to act in different partnerships.
An example of a research project is the preparation of personal dietary advice based on a person's dietary intake pattern with the aim of increasing fiber intake. Another example is the unraveling of the bioavailability of new protein sources. In neighboring lines of research within Wageningen Food & Biobased Research, cooperation takes place around, for example, the analysis of health effects of food products using model systems and, as another example, around the analysis of real-life nutritional behavior studies. In addition, the ecosystem of WUR, the Wageningen Campus and beyond offers numerous opportunities for collaboration for interesting further developments, new solutions and opportunities for expansion for our portfolio. We therefore ask for team spirit, a focus on cooperation and a pro-active contribution to bringing parties together. You keep up with scientific and technological developments in the professional field and translate these together with colleagues and partners into solutions that meet market needs.
Important tasks of the medior researcher:
- You write research and METC proposals and subsequently take care of the execution of the research. At the same time you keep an overview;
- You analyze and interpret human study data sets, whether or not in collaboration with statisticians and data-science experts;
- You disseminate the research results, including (popular) scientific publications, reports and at conferences;
- You contribute to the acquisition of new projects, among others by writing project proposals and your helicopter view of developments in the field;
- You promote collaboration actively and contribute to bringing partners together.