You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Teaching responsibility will be in close collaboration with colleagues and contribute to the following:
· Delivering statistics teaching in one or two of the Bachelor's programs and in a master's or PhD course in the FHML
· Developing, preparing and organizing teaching modules, workshops and seminars and computer training sessions
· Supporting and guiding tutorials groups and constructing exam items.
The successful candidates will be expected to
· Conduct and develop independent methodological-statistical research on a relevant field for the FHML (e.g. causal inference, sequential and adaptive trial design, Bayesian statistics, robust statistics, multiple testing, high-dimensional data, meta-analysis).
· Publish high quality research papers in international top scientific journals
· Obtain research funding.
· The research will be conducted within the School CAPHRI (Care and Public Health Research Institute)
The successful applicant will be expected to provide statistics expertise and support to researchers, and where necessary perform advanced statistical analyses. In this regard, act as co-author.
The following conditions are related to these functions:
· Graduated with a PhD in Statistics, Psychometrics, Biometrics, Econometrics or similar
· Proven aptitude of elementary mathematical statistics and advanced applied statistics
· Ability and experience in statistics teaching to students in Health or Biomedical Sciences, Psychology, or similar
· Publications in international Journals
· Ability to converse with different groups (scientists, students, health carers, managers, funders) and to connect with these groups
· Excellent writing and expressional skills in the English language and willingness to learn Dutch if not yet fluent in this language.
Fixed-term contract: 10 years.
We offer a full-time position with the Maastricht University at the Department Methodology of the Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, School CAPHRI
Contract type: Fixed-term contract 10 years (tenure track)
Initially, candidates are employed on a temporary contract as assistant professor (level 2) and agree to specific development goals. Five years into the appointment, candidates will be evaluated and if the development goals have been met, promoted to assistant professor (level 1) on a permanent contract. The evaluation can be brought forward if criteria are met earlier. On the candidate’s request the evaluation can be deferred in case of special personal circumstances, such as pregnancy leave, parental leave or chronic illness. Salary is competitive and ranges (depending on qualifications and experience) from EUR 3637 (assistant professor level 2) to EUR 5656 per month (assistant professor 1), 12 monthly payments for a full-time position. On top of this, there is an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end of year allowance. Non-Dutch applicants may be eligible for favourable tax treatment. The selected candidate will in principle be appointed in a faculty-wide Tenure Track system of ten years of appointment.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 18,000 students and 4,300 employees. Reflecting the university's strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.
The Department of your place of employment is the Department of Methodology and Statistics of the Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences of the Maastricht University Medical Center, in Maastricht, the Netherlands. This department works closely together with the corresponding dept. of the Faculty of Psychology & Neuroscience under a common leadership. Together, they have 18 staff members from PhD student to Professor, and provide the statistics education in five different Bachelor's programs and various master's and PhD courses in the two aforementioned faculties. The research is mainly carried out within the School CAPHRI and concentrates on the following themes: Optimal design and sample sizes, multilevel/mixed and mixture models for repeated measures and interrater agreement, multiple imputation for missing data, and Bayesian statistics. Further, the Department offers statistical consulting and advanced data analyses to researchers from other departments.
Maastricht University (UM)
Universiteitssingel 40, 6229 ER, Maastricht
We like to make it easy for you, sign in for these and other useful features: