Fixed-term contract: 5 years.
A challenging and rewarding position in a socially involved organization. On a full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of € 3.637.- and a maximum of € 4.978,- in accordance with salary scale 11, depending on your education and experience. The job profile (Assistant Professor 2) is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0,8 FTE.
This is a tenure-track position; the initial appointment will be for a period of five years. Based on performance indicators agreed at the start of the appointment and not depending on competition with others, a tenure-track position will lead to a tenured position of UD1 in a period of maximally 5 years. In the fifth year of the appointment the tenure decision will be taken and a midterm review will take place in 2,5 years’ time after starting date.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- good child day-care facilities available on campus
- good paid parental leave arrangement