You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
The laboratory of Food Innovation and Health (of the Centre for Healthy Eating and Food Innovation) and the MSc Health Food Innovation Management at Maastricht University Campus Venlo, Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences is looking for an Assistant Professor (‘Universitair Docent’; 1,0 fte) in Food Innovation and Health. The (preferred) starting date is 1 March 2020; exact starting date is open for discussion. The available position concerns coordination and practical work in both teaching and scientific research. The Assistant Professor will teach (in English) within relevant courses and projects, in the master’s curriculum of Health Food Innovation Management, and mentor and supervise Master students at Campus Venlo. Course coordination and a role in the Board of Admission are part of the teaching role. Further, s/he will supervise and/or conduct high quality research on food, nutrition and health in human participants (in health and disease) within the laboratory of Food Innovation and Health, write and submit funding proposals, communicate science to the general public, and is willing to fulfil several administrative duties at Maastricht University Campus Venlo.
· MSc and PhD degree in health food innovation management, human physiology, human nutrition, human movement sciences, physician clinical investigator [arts klinisch onderzoeker], biomedical- or health sciences or a related field;
· Excellent research skills with a track record of publications pertaining to the area of human intervention studies in health and nutrition;
· Experience in conducting randomised clinical trials in humans;
· Preferably experience in submitting funding proposals;
· Experience in academic teaching (preferably with a University Teaching Qualification [‘BKO’]);
· Preferably experience in supervising Bachelor, Master, or PhD students;
· Excellent organisational skills;
· Excellent English language skills (written and spoken);
· A conscientious, creative personality, and independent thinker
Fixed-term contract: Fixed-term contract: 2 years.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
The appointment as Assistant Professor will be for an initial period of two years with the possibility of an extension pending performance;
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 18,000 students and 4,300 employees. Reflecting the university's strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.
Campus Venlo hosts the Liberal Arts and Sciences University College Venlo (as part of the Faculty of Science and Engineering), plus the master educational tracks in Global Supply Chain Management and Change, and in Health Food Innovation Management.
Healthy Eating and Food Innovation
Campus Venlo also hosts several research centres such as the Centre for Healthy Eating and Food Innovation. Research in this centre focuses on three topics: gut microbiome; food innovation and health; food psychology.
Maastricht University (UM)
Nassaustraat 36, 5911BV, Venlo