You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Lecturer / Researcher (MSc/Dr.) in chemistry/chemical engineering to strengthen the Biobased Chemistry and Technology (BCT) chair group in the department of Agrotechnology & Food Sciences at Wageningen University. The position includes both research and teaching responsibilities.
You will be responsible for coaching MSc/BSc students during their practical work, give lectures and support the existing staff in running our laboratories. You can connect the chemical (laboratory) world to the chemical engineering (modelling) world to contribute to the motto of the group 'assisting the transition to a biobased and circular economy'.
Wageningen University & Research
You are an ambitious and enthusiastic team player, devoted to research and education in the field of physical chemistry/catalysis, modelling and process engineering.
You should have:
- a PhD in a relevant area, for example catalysis, physical chemistry, modelling and/or chemical/process engineering;
- alternatively have an MSc (recognized in the Netherlands) in one of these relevant fields complemented with several years of experience;
- experience with modelling and (chemical) laboratory work;
- fluent in English;
- team player;
- willingness to teach in modelling and chemistry and obtain teaching qualifications (BKO).
Conditions of employment
We offer a temporary contract for 1 year for 1,0 fte, with a possible extension with 2 years after a positive evaluation. In these 3 years you will be given the opportunity to reveal your outstanding qualities. It is our intention to continue after that period. The salary will depend on expertise and experience (gross salary: € 2709 to € 4274 month (based on full-time employment), scale 10 Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for own initiative in a learning environment.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Wageningen University & Research
You will be a member of the chair group Biobased Chemistry and Technology of Wageningen University, which is an active and internationally oriented group of researchers (1 full prof., 2 associate prof., 2 assistant prof.). Our research focuses on fundamental understanding of the processes in biomass conversion as well as application of the fundamental insights. The focal areas of the group are: catalysis, physical chemistry and (process/system) modeling. Keywords that characterize the style of working are: freedom to explore own initiatives, working in a team, open-door-communications, experiments and modeling. The group is equipped with catalyst preparation, characterization and testing equipment and has the computer power to perform process/systems modeling. Strong interaction exists with the Food and Biobased Research group within the research institute part of the Wageningen UR.
The Agrotechnology & Food Sciences Group is part of Wageningen UR where fundamental and applied sciences complement each other. As an important European player, we carry out top-level research and work alongside authoritative partners within the international business world as well as the government on "Healthy food in a biobased society". We have a crucial role in innovations within the market. Entrepreneurship and professionalism are what define us. In short, we are an interesting, international employer of stature.
Wageningen University and Research Centre
Delivering a substantial contribution to the quality of life. That's our focus - each and every day. Within our domain, healthy food and living environment, we search for answers to issues affecting society - such as sustainable food production, climate change and alternative energy. Of course, we don't do this alone. Every day, 6.500 people work on 'the quality of life', turning ideas into reality, on a global scale.
Could you be one of these people? We give you the space you need.
For further information about working at Wageningen UR, take a look at http://www.wageningenur.nl/nl/Werken-bij.htm.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.