Would you like to work on shaping tomorrow's world? Contribute to groundbreaking innovations and developments in technological knowledge? Are you a team player who feels at home in an international and interdisciplinary environment? Then we are looking for you!
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is an internationally oriented research university, specializing in engineering, science & technology and is known for its large scientific impact and its role in developing technological innovations. TU/e is a university at the center of society and sets its focus on complex social challenges by concentrating its education and research on three Strategic Areas: Energy, Health and Smart Mobility.
An ambitious university requires dedicated support to our scientists - with the TU/e Data Management & Library (DML) teams playing a key role within the fields of Research Data Management (RDM), General Data Management and Open Science. Furthermore, the DML comprises the University library and archives, and provides information skills training to bachelor, master and PhD students. The DML staff totals 50 employees.Job description
We are looking for a research data management specialist (data steward) with an enterprising and customer-oriented attitude, who will shape RDM support to the university's researchers. You will assist researchers in producing FAIR research data, and so contribute to reuse and reproducibility of research results and enhance scientific impact. Your work will cover a broad scope and vary from assistance in RDM planning, advice on storage, archiving and publication of research data, handling privacy-sensitive data, to providing and developing training in RDM skills.
Besides, you will contribute to the further development of data stewardship within TU/e. You report to the Head of Research Data Management and closely cooperate with colleague data stewards (DML), colleagues from Information & Management Services (IMS) and other services.You will
Support and advise researchers in RDM matters like
- producing FAIR research data,
- financial and legal requirements concerning research data,
- prepare and implement RDM plans,
- handling privacy-sensitive data,
- storage and publication of research data
- Contribute to the development of data stewardship and RDM services at TU/e
- Contribute to and communicate TU/e RDM policy
- Apply financial and legal requirements to RDM services
- Develop and providing training and courses in RDM skills
- Further develop and maintain RDM information channels for researchers (e.g. the website)
- Achieve a functional and appropriate services supply chain to researchers in coordination with colleagues