ERIM currently offers the following PhD project within its ORG research programme:
For this PhD position at ERIM, you are expected to have:
· Master’s degree in Humanities or Social sciences, with a specific interest in longitudinal approaches to understanding collective action
· Experience with historical research and dealing with archival sources is a must for these positions
· Inquisitive nature, next to a drive to increase your knowledge and a passion for research
· Social skills to engage with other colleagues and societal stakeholders and interested in experimenting with new research approaches
· People skills to work in a team, willingness to contribute to the work of others and to the functioning of the research team.
· Sufficient discipline to master a broad base of scientific literature, also outside of history as a discipline
· Interdisciplinary attitude, with a clear willingness to learn from other disciplines and to engage in debates with scholars with a different disciplinary background
· Willingness to invest time and effort in sharing research results with the general public.
· Do also note the ERIM-requirements (GMAT/GRE/TOEFL) to start the PhD-trajectory. There will be no exceptions to these requirements.
In addition to these formal requirements, candidates for the programme are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interviews with the potential supervisors.
Conditions of employment
Our PhD projects are fully funded and salaried positions, meaning that appointed PhD candidates are employees (promovendi) of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). Salary and benefits are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO-NU). Fixed, gross monthly salaries are € 2,395 in the first year, € 2,790 in the second year, € 2,920 in the third year, and € 3,061 in the fourth year. EUR has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
Successful candidates are appointed on a full-time basis for a duration up to five years. The PhD position is intended to start 1 September 2021.
PhD candidates also benefit from the state-of-the-art research facilities and financial support programme (ERIM Support Programmes - ESP), which ERIM set up for a wide range of research-related activities such as conference participation, international job markets, external courses, scientific and educational literature, visits to international supervisors, and international research studies.
How to apply
All applicants are required to follow our online application process. The application deadline is 20 April 2021.
Additional information can be obtained from:
ERIM Doctoral Office
Organisation / Department
ERIM is the research institute of management at Erasmus University Rotterdam, founded by Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) and Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), both of which excel in their research and teaching programmes. The level and international character of their research and teaching programmes has put both schools at the forefront of academic excellence. They offer a diversified portfolio of accredited teaching and research programmes, ranging from pre-experience MSc to postgraduate Masters and executive development, and from fundamental research to applied research and business support, which are renowned throughout the world. RSM is one of the few schools worldwide that holds a triple accreditation from the AMBAs, EQUIS and the AASCB, and is positioned among the top European business schools. The scientific staff of both schools plays a major role in the schools’ interaction with the international business community.
ERIM distinguishes itself by the high-level and international character of its research and has repeatedly been ranked among top 3 research institutes in Europe. ERIM’s key aims are top-quality academic research with impact both on academia and managerial practice, and the advancement of international academic careers and high-level support for both research and doctoral education. For more information about ERIM please visit www.erim.eur.nl.
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR)
Burg. Oudlaan 50, 3062 PA, Rotterdam
This application process is managed by the employer (Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR)). Please contact the employer for questions regarding your application.
Thank you for applying
Please contact the employer for questions regarding your application.
Tip: save this job as favorite in your AcademicTransfer account. This gives you an immediate overview and makes it easy to find the job later on. No account yet? Create it now and take advantage of other useful functionalities too!
Make sure to apply no later than 20 Apr 2021 23:59 (Europe/Amsterdam).
We like to make it easy for you, sign in for these and other useful features: