Fixed-term contract: 48 months.
The University of Groningen offers, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities;
• a salary of € 2,395 gross per month in the first year, up to a maximum of € 3,061 gross per month in the fourth and final year for a full-time working week
• a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• the position requires residence in Groningen and must result in a PhD thesis within the 4-year contract period
• the successful candidate will first be offered a temporary position of one year with the option of renewal for another three years. Prolongation of the contract is contingent on sufficient progress in the first year to indicate that a successful completion of the PhD thesis within the next three years is to be expected. A PhD training programme is part of the agreement and the successful candidate will be enrolled in the Graduate School of Science and Engineering
• the preferred starting date is 1 November 2021 or 1 December 2021 (in consultation).