You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 16 Sep 2021).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Are you a developer who likes to deal with both front- and backend and devops activities? And would you like to do that, for a diversity of innovative research projects? Then we are looking for you!
As a full stack research software developer at the BMS Lab, you are part of a multidisciplinary team that ensures that education, research and external clients (e.g. hospitals) can use high-quality app, survey, Experience Sampling, intervention, and digital research infrastructure. You will be partly responsible for important and innovative software for research, contract assignments and education.
You will be involved in thinking along about the architecture. You are involved in implementing both the front and backend, as well as designing, developing, testing, and evaluating the developed web applications and improvements. You will be technically responsible for some of these applications and apps.
As a full stack developer you have a broad knowledge of tools, techniques and programming languages. Many of our applications are based on Ionic and/or Angular. Within our applications you will also come across Vue.js, PHP/Laravel, Node.js, SQL and Firebase, among others. You will also be challenged to propose novel projects using modern techniques that boost innovation in the faculty.
Together with the team (consisting of technicians, a product owner, support engineer, application manager, manager lab and various professors and researchers as a customer), you develop new functionalities for the platforms where you help your fellow experts to keep seeing the bigger picture. You work on different projects for different customers, and therefore no working day is the same!
University of Twente (UT)
- You are a team player with a no-nonsense mentality;
- You have a great sense of responsibility and a high degree of independence;
- You have good communication and advice skills and a customer-oriented attitude. You don't mind to give a presentation occasionally.
- You have an MSc in a related field and at least 3 years of work experience. Dutch candidates with a relevant HBO degree and working experience are also invited to apply.
- You're up to date with modern front-end technologies.
- You are naturally analytical and have an eye for detail.
- You have good Dutch and English (C1) communication skills in word and writing. You always want to continue to develop yourself and stay up to date with technological developments. You have interest in, and preferably some affinity with ICT development for social sciences.
- If you do not yet have enough knowledge or experience with one of the above-mentioned technologies or skills, but you are eager to learn? Then we offer you the opportunity to develop yourself further to acquire the remaining case.
Conditions of employment
- Employment of 32 or 38 hours. It's up to you!
- Depending on experience, the salary is a maximum of € 4,474 gross per month (grade 10) for a full time appointment. In addition, we offer excellent secondary terms and conditions of employment, including an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% and holiday bonus of 8%.
- A lot of attention for substantive professional growth and personal development.
- A young, driven and fun team.
- Access to state-of-art hightech facilities at the BMS Lab. Be sure to check it out at https://bmslab.utwente.nl.
- You will work for one of the best regarded and innovative behavioural science faculties on the most beautiful campus in the Netherlands.
- A contract of two years with the prospect of a permanent employment.