We do cool stuff that matters, with data. Are you an enthusiastic Program Manager who likes to work closely with researcher in the fields of Data Science and Artificial intelligence? Are you interested in being responsible for the (operational) management, governance and guidance of research programs that focus on the Jads application domains (Nature & Agrifood, Crime & Safety, Social & Digital Entrepreneurship)? We are looking for you!
As our new Program Manager you are a sparring partner for (and support) the domain leaders of these application domains, interact with the associated regional and national network. You contribute to the writing of project proposals, reports, and policy documents. You will also be in close contact and collaborating with the JADS Impact team. For more information visit: www.jads.nl
It is important that the Program Manager plays a unit-wide role, which includes both strategic planning and actual support for project applications concerning the acquisition of income from NWO calls and other research funds.
The position will include, among other things, the following tasks:
- Supporting the research units to develop a strategic roadmap. This is motivated by internal expertise and potential as well as by an analysis of what is expected from developments in funding programmes in the coming years.
- Actively supporting scientists in writing research proposals, at various levels (advising, reviewing, and where possible 'co-writing' sections on subjects such as finance, research relevance and exploitation).
- Implementing of project management in the case of successfully acquired projects.
- Managing the portfolio of projects (keeping track of all subsidy applications and evaluating their outcome in order to inform future bids).
- Building and maintaining networks with (1) potential research partners/consortia, (2) funding institutions, (3) scientists within JADS and (4) scientists within both Universities (TU/e and TiU).
- Participating in national and international meetings about research programmes; general (interest) representation of JADS on this subject at, among others, the NWO, the national science agenda, etc.
- Tracking and actively searching suitable opportunities for research funding, providing tailored information to scientists about calls that fit their expertise, and proactively initiating proposals together with scientists.