You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 29 Sep 2021).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Will you be the new lab coordinator at the Maastricht Science Programme?
As of 1 September 2021 the Maastricht Science Programme (MSP) is looking for a fulltime lab coordinator to join our team of lab personnel to support our educational activities at our new state-of-the art biology, chemistry and physics laboratories in Maastricht.
Maastricht University is one of the most international universities in Europe. At the Maastricht Science Programme (MSP), there are over 40 nationalities across students and staff, together creating an inspiring and stimulating working environment.
Our top rated programme attracts young students from all corners of the world. As a lab coordinator, you ensure, together with a team of lab colleagues that education in the labs of MSP runs smoothly. You will also be working with and helping staff of other FSE departments that are housed in the same lab building at MSP and with whom we have a close collaboration.
· You are excited about helping with the daily logistics in the labs, providing support to students and staff
· You are comfortable with overseeing a wide range of different lab types (analytical, biology, chemistry, physics, engineering)
· You are accurate when maintaining stock and to check delivery status of ordered materials, chemicals and consumables
· You are friendly and accommodating in your contact with suppliers and contracted companies concerning equipment, check-ups and maintenance.
· You take responsibility for lab safety, emphasizing its importance to staff and students and assuring compliance to the established rules at all times in collaboration with teachers.
· You are thorough and diligent when you train students and staff regarding safety rules at our labs in close cooperation with the FSE safety officer.
· You are meticulous in making sure that the labs are clean and tidy, including correct disposal of lab waste, in collaboration with cleaning staff, teachers and students.
· You are reliable as helper in guiding support lab-employees (‘participatiemedewerkers’), including assigning tasks, sign working hours and providing input for performance
· Be reliable as helper and backup to the planning and scheduling of education of MSP students and staff
· You are excited about establishing a friendly, engaging and supportive environment at the MSP labs
Your colleagues at labs of MSP will guide and support you in this challenging and rewarding role. Come and join them in enhancing our student experience.
· You think and act at MBO+/HBO level, by (lab) education and/or working experience, preferably in a biological or chemical lab environment
· You have experience with laboratory logistics and administration
· You have experience with maintaining laboratory equipment (e.g. NMR, GC-MS, LC-MS, IR) or the ability to acquire the technical knowledge necessary
· You have knowledge of chemicals and are able to categorize and dispose them
· The official language at the Maastricht Science Programme is English, therefore excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is required
· Lab safety certification or basic knowledge of lab safety is considered a plus
· Experience in working in an international environment as well as interacting with students is considered a plus
· You have the ability to multitask: monitoring and following up on different tasks and processes at the same time
· You are capable of absorbing new knowledge and information and applying it
· You are an excellent team player with a “jump in and get it done attitude”
· You are an effective manager of time, surveying your own work, setting goals and priorities, planning activities, resources and time
· You are independent and are able to work under pressure
· You are friendly, easily accessible and service oriented
Fixed-term contract: 1 year.
We offer a fixed-term contract for one year with a competitive salary for a position of 38 hours a week. Depending on performance, the position is eligible for extension. On top of your annual salary, there is an annual holiday allowance (8% of annual income) and an annual end-of-year bonus (8.3% of annual income).
· The position comes with a number of additional benefits, including:
· An official workweek of 38 hours
· A gross month salary between € 2.367,- and max. € 3.606,- depending on level of work experience
· Partially paid parental leave;
· A pension scheme;
· The option to participate in collective healthcare insurance;
· Assistance with practical matters such as housing for candidates unfamiliar with the Netherlands, through Maastricht University’s Knowledge Centre for International Staff;
· A welcoming and open work environment with a high degree of flexibility, and plenty of opportunities for collaboration and growth;
Full conditions of employment are laid out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities, supplemented with local UM provisions. For more information look at the website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > About UM > Working at UM
About Maastricht University
Maastricht University (UM) has around 20,000 students and 4,700 employees. Reflecting the university's strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. UM is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. UM placed #10 in Times Higher Education’s (THE) Young Universities Ranking 2019, and #127 in THE’s World University Rankings 2020. Since 2011, Maastricht University has expanded its research efforts in the STEM domain and developed bachelor and master education in the natural sciences and engineering. It is the ambition of Maastricht University to further expand and strengthen its STEM education and research
About Maastricht Science programme
Are you interested in the natural sciences and want to look beyond the boundaries of a single discipline? The Maastricht Science Programme offers you the opportunity to explore the natural sciences and to build a unique academic profile based on your personal interests and ambitions.
Maastricht University (UM)
Paul-Henri Spaaklaan 1, 6229 EN, Maastricht
We like to make it easy for you, sign in for these and other useful features: