Fixed-term contract: 1 year.
- a challenging position in a socially involved organization
- participation in a team of leading scientists in different fields of academia and commerce (science, landscape management, modelling and imaging techniques)
- an EU fellowship in which you will develop multi-, inter- and transdisciplinary research skills, and take part in programme training activitiesthe opportunity to establish a professional network in academia, business organizations and NGO’s
- internships and visits to different disciplinary institutes within industry and academia
The appointment will initially be for 1 years. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract can potentially be prolonged to enable a full PhD.
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts €2,325 per month during the first year, based on a full-time employment. Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package