You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 1 Feb 2022).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
For the Division Academic Services of Tilburg University we are searching for a:
Community Manager Research (0,6 fte)
ENGAGE.EU is an alliance of seven European universities (located in Mannheim, Rome, Sofia, Tilburg, Toulouse, Bergen, and Vienna) in business, economics, and the social sciences. The ENGAGE.EU program is focused on educational and research themes related to major societal challenges such as those set out in the UN Sustainable Development Goals. One of the ENGAGE.EU work packages relates to research. The aim of the research work package is to establish research communities and networks around shared research themes. An important step in establishing research communities and networks is to build an infrastructure, an online platform to support the conversation between scientists of the universities involved.
The community manager supports the establishment of research communities and networks for ENGAGE.EU. The position includes communicative and administrative tasks related to the online platform, such as the development and implementation of the platform, the moderation of interaction, sharing news and information, and making it accessible for scientists of the involved universities. Also, the community manager supports the organization of online and offline workshops. Another task concerns searching for topics of shared interest and making topics interesting for the scientist who participate in the communities and networks. For example, topics that are shared by a scientist on the online platform could be interesting to other scientist, even if they operate within another discipline. The community manager has a keen eye for these developments and knows how to bring together scientists around research themes.
The community manager will work closely together with dr. James Small, the task lead ‘Research Communities and Networks’ of ENGAGE.EU. The position is organizationally placed within the Research Service Department of the Academic Services Division.
• Support the task lead in developing an online platform
• Moderate communication on the online platform.
• Manage the access to and authorizations of the platform.
• Stimulate discussions and conversations on the platform.
• Share news and information with the community.
• Organize online and offline activities, workshops, events for the community and network.
• Find opportunities for topics to develop the community and network.
• Completed Master degree.
• Affinity with academic research.
• Experience with establishing and sustaining communities.
• Excellent social and communication skills.
• Proficient with social media.
• Experience with organizing events/workshops.
• Excellent written and oral skills in English and Dutch.
• A proactive working attitude.
• Organizational skills.
• Ability to operate effectively in an international intercultural team.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer a position for 0.6 fte in scale 10 (CAO VSNU, Policy Officer level 4) for a period of 2 year. The scale and wage depend on your age, education level and working experience. The desired starting date is the beginning of April 2022. The university has excellent employment conditions, such as a good study facilities scheme and the possibility to determine your employment conditions partly individually by means of a so-called choice model.
We like to make it easy for you, sign in for these and other useful features: