You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 7 Feb 2022).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Applications are invited for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Research Technician to contribute to the research of the RadioPharmaceutical Chemistry (RPC) group. The aim of the group is to develop radiopharmaceuticals for targeted diagnosis and treatment of cancer. By combining a targeting vector (i.e. small molecules or peptides) with an imaging radionuclide, we can identify the molecular alterations of cancer cells using noninvasive nuclear imaging. Next, tumors can be specifically treated with targeted radionuclide therapy. It corresponds to the so-called « theranostic » paradigm. Our group is developing these theranostic agents for a safer and more efficient management of cancer.
The successful candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary research group working in the field of Radiopharmacxeutical Sciences. You will contribute to the synthesis, labeling and testing of the newly developed (radio)pharmaceuticals. The candidate will also participate to the labeling of conventional tracers, lab duties and organization, equipment management and support. Expertise in organic synthesis, analytical techniques (HPLC, LC/MS, NMR) and radiochemistry is essential, together with some degree of cross-training in biology and pharmacology. Evidence of a deep understanding of previous field(s) of research and of independent intellectual and practical contribution to previous research project(s) will be sought.
Erasmus MC (University Medical Center Rotterdam)
- You are a highly motivated candidate with a MSc degree.
- You have received excellent scientific training in the field of Chemistry, Biochemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- You have outstanding theoretical and experimental research skills.
- Strong expertise in organic chemistry and analytical techniques (HPLC, LC/MS, NMR).
- Experience with radiolabeling techniques and radiation safety 5b certificate will be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge in biology/pharmacology (in vitro assays and in vivo biological studies) is an advantage.
- You are well organized and result-driven with a strong team-spirit.
- You are able to work both independently and in a multidisciplinary team.
- The successful candidate will have strong English communication skills (written and oral).
Conditions of employment
The position is available from April 1st, 2022. You will receive a temporary position for 1 year. The gross monthly salary amounts a maximum of € 4.284,- (scale 9), depending on your level of education and relevant experience and based on a full-time working week of 36 hours. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Medical Centers (CAO UMC).
A healthy population and excellence in healthcare through research and education. This is what Erasmus MC stands for. Conducting groundbreaking work, pushing boundaries and leading the way in research, education, and healthcare. We are practical people with a high level of expertise, working hard to improve and renew the healthcare of today and the public health of tomorrow.
The candidate will be positioned at the department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine. Our department is known for its forefront research and its state-of-the-art facilities. The concept of peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT) was introduced in our department and several radiopharmaceuticals were developed and tested from bench-to-bedside. The candidate will work within the RPC group and in collaboration with other groups specialized in molecular imaging and targeted radiotherapy.