Apply for this job
Apply for this job
This application process is managed by the employer (University of Groningen). Please contact the employer for questions regarding your application.
Thank you for applying
Please contact the employer for questions regarding your application.
Tip: save this job as favorite in your AcademicTransfer account. This gives you an immediate overview and makes it easy to find the job later on. No account yet? Create it now and take advantage of other useful functionalities too!
You may apply for this position until 10 July 11:59pm / before 11 July 2022 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Please send your entire application (in English) as a single PDF-file before the deadline. Please upload your entire application as "letter of motivation" (via ‘fill form manually’) and follow the exact order below, when uploading your documents into one file.
The submission should follow this format: https://www.rug.nl/research/gradschool-humanities/phd-programme/phd-admission/gia-phd-application-form-2022.docx and contain the following:
1. a cover letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation and suitability for PhD research, and explaining how your planned research will be integrated with the Groningen Institute of Archaeology and contribute to its future success
2. a full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of the data page of your passport
3. a certified copy or scan of your MA diploma (or equivalent) and academic record
4. a research proposal, focusing on the central research question to be addressed and the proposed method of approaching and answering this question (max. 1500 words, plus tables and references, a project title plus a timeline through to completion), according to the format of the proposal that you see described in the application form above.
5. names and contact details of two academic references.
For questions regarding the submission procedure, please contact Flip Kramer (email@example.com).
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/policy-and-strategy/diversity-and-inclusion/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
We provide career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.