As Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM
), we provide research support to Faculty, PhD candidates and professional staff at the Rotterdam School of Management (RSM
) and at the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE
). Our support services safeguard the institutional duties of care as stipulated by the Dutch Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
and are progressively geared towards open science norms and practices.
As our Research Information Officer (RIO), your overall aim is to help us to strengthen and sharpen our support capabilities in a data-driven way. Your responsibilities include:
- Data input and validation
You're the key user responsible for the maintenance of ERIM's research output and activities data in Pure, the Research Information System (RIS) of EUR. Because you're the Pure main contact person, you support ERIM members with keeping their information up to date and accurate. You also organise training sessions for new and existing ERIM members so they can learn to use Pure efficiently and effectively
- Data extraction
As needed, you extract information from Pure - and other systems in use at Erasmus University (EUR
) including Scopus/SciVal
, Web of Science
- to retrieve and combine data about our researchers for a wide range of applications. Think about research performance evaluation, diversity and inclusion studies, internationalisation, and societal reach and impact.
- Data analyses
After you've extracted the data, you analyse it using business intelligence and data science approaches. The analyses may be standardised (e.g. annual reporting) or request-driven, which requires customised data analytics. Which you can do because you're great at it!
- Data presentation
You produce static and interactive visualisations as needed that contextualise your analyses to a broad audience, consisting mostly of policy makers, faculty and support staff.
In addition to the above responsibilities, you contribute to the Pure and Research Intelligence networks at EUR and act as a representative of ERIM's founding schools (i.e. RSM and ESE).Your main tasks
As research information officer, we expect you to:
- support the collection, provision and analysis of accurate, timely and high-quality data of ERIM researchers and their research output;
- input data into the faculty management systems, proactively review and verify the data and resolve issues as required;
- monitor and maintain the integrity of data held within Pure by ensuring the timely validation of research output;
- work closely with various internal stakeholders, such as researchers, University Library, policy officers, communication officers and management teams;
- play a vital role in demonstrating the academic and societal impact of our research;
- fulfil the reporting requirements of our accreditation agencies, assessment protocols and external funders;
- proactively propose and implement projects and activities that lead to enhanced research information reporting and research intelligence services; and
- provide training on Pure and other ERIM information systems to the users in ERIM's research community.