You will lead the design, development and implementation of a comprehensive programme of outreach and awareness-raising activities that showcase the benefits of alumni engagement to over 130,000 graduates in the global alumni community of Erasmus University Rotterdam. You'll be responsible for creating collaborations that will support the university's faculties in the development and delivery of mutually beneficial alumni engagement.
You will be responsible for the team's alumni projects including student engagement and lifelong learning. Under student engagement you will be manging two initiatives: the student-alumni mentoring programme MentorMe and the student-alumni career café Lighthouse.
The team provides alumni engagement and stewardship that recognises and rewards key relationships, and makes sure those relationships are developed and maintained. You'll need to focus on building strong relationships with academic departments, with the student community through student clubs and societies, with recent graduates and other alumni, with new and existing alumni volunteers, and with the university's professional services that are used by students, such as career services.
Working from an office at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) and in partnership with fellow alumni professionals you will be leading the way in the creation of a first-class Alumni Relations service for Erasmus University Rotterdam. Working from home some days of the week is possible. You will work in partnership with the RSM Alumni Relations Team and report to the Director Alumni Relations for EUR and RSM.Your main tasks
- Prepare the annual engagement plan which reflects the needs of alumni and supports EUR's strategic objectives
- Deliver programmes that achieve high quality engagement with alumni
- Develop, strengthen and sustain local and global alumni networks using a planned approach that delivers mutual benefits and supports what alumni are offered by the university
- Identify new opportunities for alumni engagement by developing and implementing projects and tools that further increase alumni loyalty and participation
- Contribute to planning and delivery of communications and events
- Utilise a centralised CRM system for sharing alumni data and for gaining increased alumni intelligence for further development
- Maintain contact with alumni and other stakeholders
- Work closely with EUR's careers office and its admission and recruitment offices to maximise alumni involvement
- Support EUR faculties in the development and delivery of alumni initiatives
- Contribute to the overall development of the EUR alumni community.