Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI) in Amsterdam has a vacancy in any of our research groups for a highly talented female PhD student
for theConstance van Eeden PhD fellowship.
Are you the female PhD who will surprise us with creativity, own way of thinking and inspiring angles to solve research questions with mathematics and computer science?
Didn't you study Mathematics or Computer Science but a related field such as chemistry, biology, ICT physics, econometrics, other engineering than CWI would like to cordially invite you to apply!Job description
Constance van Eeden (1927-2021) was one of the first female PhD students who worked at CWI from 1954 to 1960, and was also one of the first female PhD students in statistics in the Netherlands.
In order to create more awareness for the position of female researchers and to attract talented female researchers who are not immediately on CWI's scope CWI offers special positions for a talented female researcher at the start of her career as of 2022.Who can apply?
You hold a Master's degree in Mathematics or Computer Science or a related field of science.
You have a special interest in one of CWI's focus areas: Algorithms, Data & Intelligent Systems, Cryptology & Security, and Quantum Computing:
You have a grade point average of 8
You are motivated to be an ambassador for the recruitment of more women in science.What do we offer you?
- A PhD position at CWI of four years with an optional extension year.
- Freedom to choose within which research group the PhD will take place.
- Dedicated Mentor or coach (senior researcher?).
- Residency at a prestigious international institute/university for the duration of approximately six months.
- A larger budget for training and travel.
- An extension year when more time is needed to expand your knowledge.