You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 25 Jul 2022).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
The Database group in the Data and Artificial Intelligence Cluster of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS) is seeking to expand its teaching capacity and is looking for a highly motivated university lecturer in Data Management. As a member of DB you will be part of a team dedicated to high-quality research and education: see our webpage (https://www.tue.nl/en/research/research-groups/data-science/data-and-artificial-intelligence/database-group/) for a brief overview of the team.
Your main tasks will be lecturing, teaching tutorials, assessing assignments and exams, supervising MSc projects, and developing new courses, including online educational material. You will be involved in teaching courses in the area of data management (relational databases, big data, data-intensive systems, etc.) and data-intensive AI. All courses at M&CS are taught in English.
You will spend 90% of your time on education and 10% of your time for research and administrative tasks. The position offers a great opportunity for candidates with a passion for teaching who also enjoy being part of a dynamic research environment.
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
Candidates should fulfill the following requirements:
- a PhD in computer science or related field, within data management systems;
- experience in teaching at the Bachelor and Master level, including supervision of Master's projects;
- hold or be willing to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (BKO in Dutch).
Successful candidates are also expected to demonstrate the following competences:
- broad general knowledge of computer and data science in general;
- excellent teaching skills, as evidenced by teaching experience and good evaluations;
- excellent command of English (written/verbal) at minimum C1 level;
- familiarity with recent research trends in data management.
Conditions of employment
- a challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university. The opportunity to develop yourself (a.o. through obtaining UTQ (BKO in Dutch)), and to conduct research and teaching as a part of the Databases group and the Data and AI cluster;
- a permanent appointment after an initial 1-year trial period. The starting date is flexible, but preferably as soon as possible;
- a gross monthly salary of an University Teacher (UFO Teacher 3 or 2) between minimum € 3,974 and maximum € 6,181 (based on a full time appointment), depending on experience and knowledge);
- an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- a broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes, and excellent sports facilities);
Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.