Do you have excellent organisational skills, and do you enjoy optimising work processes and cooperation within your team? Do you also have didactic skills that are relevant to video productions for our education? Then this combined role might be the one for you.We are looking for a talented professional to take on the combined roles of Scrum Master (0.5 FTE) and Teaching Advisor (0.3 FTE).Education and Student Affairs
Education and Student Affairs (ESA) is a university-wide department that contributes to high-quality education in an innovative learning environment. We provide services and guidance to both students and lecturers. We also advise the Executive Board. Key themes include flexibility, diversity, internationalisation, collaboration, digitalisation, and the intertwining of research and teaching. The Education Support Centre The Education Support Centre (ESC), which forms part of ESA, is committed to optimising learning, teaching, and educational innovation at our university. For 17 years, Wageningen University & Research (WUR) has occupied a leading position in the Netherlands. The ESC has grown rapidly in recent years and now employs around 80 employees, organised in 7 teams: Training & Advice, Open & Online, Online Learning Environment, Educative Media, Digital Assessments, Society-Based Education, and the Education Support Service Desk.Job description
Scrum Master/Flow Master (0.5 FTE)
All ESC teams employ the Agile working method. As Scrum Master/Flow Master, you will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the Scrum/Kanban approach. You will also act as a kind of project manager or production coordinator. You will support the team in planning and executing the 'how' and the 'when' using Agile artefacts and routines. In addition, you will coach team members in self-organisation and working in a multidisciplinary manner. You will work closely with the team's Product Owner. WUR's educational media team (currently 9 colleagues) is responsible for producing thousands of in-studio, on-location, and streamed knowledge clips (videos) and events on behalf of the university each year.
Teaching Advisor (0.3 FTE)
As Teaching Advisor, you will guide and inspire lecturers in the development of educational videos that have a sound pedagogical basis and a strong didactic structure. We are therefore looking for someone who is (reasonably) familiar with producing teaching material for the education sector.
What will you be doing as Scrum Master?
- You will help one Agile team to become a high-performance team by facilitating the project planning and monitoring progress. You will also help the team to work transparently, with an emphasis on value creation.
- You will coach team members in self-organisation, effective cooperation, cultural and behavioural change, and collaboration.
- You will organise and facilitate Agile methodologies (e.g., Retrospective, Planning, etc.), as well as the Kanban board, the knowledge matrix, and the backlog used by the team.
- You will provide pro-active support for other relevant tasks, e.g., communication with stakeholders and the organisation of brainstorming sessions, as well as events between departments and the production of teaching material.
- You will be an active member of the organisation's support network (e.g., Scrum/Flow Master's guild, Agile coaches) for developing competences. You will participate in regular departmental meetings for all our Scum Masters to promote shared knowledge development.