Fixed-term contract: 84 months.
We offer you a full-time tenure track position as Assistant Professor and:
• a salary, depending on qualifications, work experience and your career stage, from € 3,974 up to a maximum of € 5,439 gross per month (salary scale 11) for a full-time position
• a starting package of k€40 to travel, organize workshops, etc., as well as access to additional resources for education development projects
• holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
• a pension scheme
• maternity and parental leave
• the possibility to work part-time (0.9 or 0.8 FTE)
• a personal development trajectory and a mentor programme
• dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Please consult our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/
In case of a full-time contract, you will initially be appointed for 7 years and your performance will be assessed after 5 years. This moment may be extended with at most one year in case of a life event (e.g. prolonged illness or maternity leave). If your assessment is positive, you will get a tenured appointment as Associate Professor with an education profile. Please consult the following link for more details on the criteria for promotion: https://www.rug.nl/webvernieuwing/world/fse/tenure- track-positions-education-profile/assistant-professor-with-an-education-profile-def.pdf
The continuation of the career path after the level of Associate Professor with an education profile is currently being developed. It will include the possibility of applying for promotion to the position of Full Professor with an education profile.