To expand the team of educationalists within EQ, we are looking for 1 educationalist. As a member of the team, you will work to continuously improve education at FEB. You will support the programme management and lecturers to implement our vision on ‘how to teach’ including all a
You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 24 Jul 2022).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
To expand the team of educationalists within EQ, we are looking for 1 educationalist. As a member of the team, you will work to continuously improve education at FEB. You will support the programme management and lecturers to implement our vision on ‘how to teach’ including all aspects of teaching and assessment, with special attention to blended and active learning, ethics, responsibility and sustainability (ERS), research-driven education (RDE), internationalization, diversity & inclusion (ID&I), and/or employability (connection with practice and research) using the Faculty Strategy as an important policy framework. Depending on your expertise you will focus on one of the above-mentioned topics. You will also participate in education-related project and in regular processes of EQ that encompasses regular quality assurance processes, such as providing support in writing curriculum documents, providing support for accreditation processes, and providing support for course and curriculum evaluation processes.
We expect you to work in a result- and client-driven way and work as a standout colleague within the EQ department. You will report to the head of the EQ department, who also will be your supervisor.
University of Groningen
We are looking for a new colleague with the following skills, abilities and qualifications:
• an academic level of working and thinking; a degree in the field of Educational Sciences (or similar); affinity with economics and business
• an affinity with one or more of the following topics: blended/active learning, research-driven education, ethics, responsibility and sustainability (ERS), employability, international and inclusive classroom
• professional experience in teaching professionalisation, assessment, and quality assurance processes
• experience in working on a project basis in the field of (international) higher education is preferred
• a result-oriented attitude
• strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with students, faculty, and external community partners in a culturally responsive manner
• commitment to functioning as an effective, collaborative team member
• excellent writing and communication skills in Dutch and English.
Conditions of employment
Fixed-term contract: 12 months.
What we are offering you in accordance with the collective Labour agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 2,960 gross per month and a maximum of € 4,670 (salary scale 10) for a full-time position (CAO VSNU)
• 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees
• a position for the period of one year, with the possibility for a permanent position dependent on a positive performance evaluation and future developments of the department. For this position, the following UFO job profile applies: Medewerker onderwijsontwikkeling.
Faculty of Economics and Business
The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) has approximately 7,000 students and 500 staff members who form an informal, personal and inspiring academic community; 25% of our students and our staff are international. FEB provides an ambitious, open and dynamic working environment and encourages its staff members to innovate. FEB currently offers 21 degree programmes (NVAO accredited). The Faculty is AACSB and EQUIS accredited and is thus among the top 1% of business schools worldwide.
The Educational Quality (EQ) department of FEB has 15 staff members and provides advice and support in the fields of the Faculty’s educational logistics, quality assurance, accreditation, educational innovation, and teacher professionalization. EQ works closely together with the other supporting departments, the Faculty Board, and Faculty’s programme directors and lecturers. EQ has important cooperation relationships with various central departments of the University of Groningen. Staff in the department loves to achieve results in their own fields, as well as on interdisciplinary projects. Internationalisation is very important to us, which means we communicate mainly in English and expect an inclusive attitude from our colleagues.