In this position, you will be part of the Education and Student Affairs (ESA) team of the departments of Applied Physics (AP) and Electrical Engineering (EE). The ESA AP/EE team is responsible for the support of all education (bachelor and master programs) of both departments. This includes setting up the curriculum and study schedule, providing quality assurance, policy advice, support for educational innovations and organization of education and, of course, academic advice.
The departments are looking for expansion in the area of Quality Assurance
due to various developments, including the redesign of the bachelor programs and the launch of a new master's program. Quality assurance plays a central role in the departments and the university and relates to courses, study programs, educational innovation, and student satisfaction, among other things. The course and program evaluations have been strongly standardized in recent years and are administered centrally (using a web-based evaluation system). In this position you will work closely with the current quality assurance officer. In the execution of your work, you will maintain contact with teachers, students, program and examination committees and the program management. Of course you will report the results. You will also participate in research into the effectiveness of educational programs, educational (learning) processes and projects aimed at innovation of education within the department. Important principles within this quality assurance position are: evaluating, improving, monitoring, reflecting and communicating. Due to the international character of the TU/e, reports are written and communicated in English. You will work closely with the departmental education development officers and the departmental policy officers.Tasks:
- You conduct educational evaluations (data collection, processing and analysis, reporting and advising) using qualitative and quantitative methods;
- You use the results of educational evaluations (web-based and custom surveys) to identify bottlenecks in education;
- You prepare information and advice for, among others, the teaching staff, the program management, the capacity groups, the students and the program and examination committees regarding aspects of internal and external quality assurance;
- You will participate in educational innovation projects and organize qualitative research, for example panel discussions in consultation with departmental teaching assistants;
- You advise and supervise teachers on the design and implementation of effective education, in consultation with the departmental educational development officers;
- You represent the AP and EE departments in the TU/e-wide quality assurance consultations and, in this way, you contribute to the (feasibility of) the quality assurance policy at TU/e. You translate the university-wide quality assurance policy into the wishes and needs of the AP and EE departments;
- You support the program management with data/information related to the quality of education for accreditation processes;
- You monitor student and alumni satisfaction with the educational program;
- You perform an analytical and consultative role in the examination committee;
- You have a role in writing and editing the annual quality assurance plan.