Do you enjoy:
- Working in a dynamic environment and managing multiple tasks at once?
Then the job of Program Manager at the University of Amsterdam is perfect for you as a highly versatile professional.What does this job entail?
'Public Values in the Algorithmic Society' (ALGOSOC), has received funding to carry out scientific research in the coming years as part of the research program Gravitation
. This research project is led by the Program Directors prof. dr. Natali Helberger and prof. dr. Claes de Vreese from the University of Amsterdam, in collaboration with University Utrecht, Tilburg University, Erasmus University Rotterdam and Delft University of Technology. The research focusses on public values in the Algorithmic Society, and the implications of the growing use of automated decision making and artificial intelligence (AI). For this project we are looking for a Program Manager who will execute, monitor and deliver projects and supervise internal staff and/or third parties, based on project plans and in such a way that these project plans can be attained within the preconditions established in the area cost, quality, time, organisation and communication
As the Program Manager you will be working closely together with the Program Directors, Project Investigators and researchers from the five universities. An important part of your activities will be to build a community between the different universities to enable cooperation across disciplines and across universities. Moreover, the Program Manager will organize and coordinate the program in terms of deadlines, activities and meetings, act as first contact for internal- and external parties such as NWO, and help organize events and other activities of the consortium. Finally, the Program Manager will work closely together with a dedicated Impact Manager, Data Manager, Training Coordinator and Ethics, Gender and Diversity Advisor.
- First contact for consortium partners and external partners;
- Contact person for NWO (e.g. changing requests or progress reporting);
- Coordinate and monitor deadlines and deliverables;
- Community organisation; management of relations with project co-workers and work with colleagues in the consortium;
- Prepare and organize project meetings and assisting in (the organization of) dissemination activities like workshops, website, conferences, events and publications;
- Financial management and reporting, in close cooperation with the UvA project control department;
- Support in acquisition and proposal writing
- Help to organise events and other outreach activities.