The section Public Administration in the Technology, Human and Institutional Behaviour (HIB)-department is currently seeking an assistant professor
in the area of transformational governance.
Contemporary processes of transformation are marked by a convergence of digital, biological and physical innovations that reshape state and society. Think about fundamental transformations in the production and consumption of energy and food, the provision of public safety or health care in new technological contexts. Transformational leadership in the public domain is needed to ignite and catalyze transformations of systems, open-up new policy perspectives, to shape new administrative cultures, and to stimulate or nudge behaviours in stakeholders.
We seek a talented new colleague with a background in the broad field of public administration who has an interest in, or experience with the study of transformational governance and innovative administrative responses in different policy domains to contemporary societal challenges. This position is an exciting opportunity for co-developing and contributing to innovative public administration research and socio-technical perspectives on technological transformations. This position aims at generating new social scientific understanding of transformational governance in contemporary technological society, based at a university of technology that puts innovations at the heart of its research and education. Next to developing research in the above-mentioned areas the position has teaching responsibilities in public administration, policy studies and/or (international) public governance in various educational programs of our faculty, including the BSc Management, Society & Technology, BSc Public Governance Across Borders, the MSc Public Administration and the MSc European Studies. Do you wish to be part of an exciting, newly developing department that researches and teaches on public administration, public policy and public governance in transforming societal and technological environments? Join our team and strive to have a significant and balanced impact on public administration research and society.Your challenge
You contribute to research, teaching, and knowledge valorisation. You will:
- carry out research and publish in the exciting field of transformational governance in a transforming societal context, within the section of Public Administration;
- co-develop a new research line that fits with a multi-disciplinary (public administration, psychology and communication science) approach to transformational governance;
- teach in, and contribute to furthers shaping the curriculim of, bachelor and master programs of Public Administration (including European Studies), Communication Science and Psychology. For more information about the education programs, see https://www.utwente.nl/en/pa/ (Public Administration) and https://www.utwente.nl/en/es/ (European Studies); https://www.utwente.nl/en/com/ (Communication Science); https://www.utwente.nl/en/psy/ (Psychology);
- expand your network and acquire external research funding;
- contribute to our interdisciplinary research domains of resilience, emerging technologies and societal transformations, or health in the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS);
- develop expertise in novel research methods.