The section Psychology, Health, and Technology in the Technology, Human and Institutional Behaviour (HIB)-department is currently seeking an assistant professor in the area of professional development for health technology. The section has a focus on the development and evaluation of engaging personalized and adaptive interventions in (mental) health care to promote health and well-being in our digital society. We offer an exciting position in a stimulating, international environment. We have a strong culture of interdisciplinary research within the Health and Institutional Behaviour department. There is an opportunity to contribute to BMS Faculty themes like health, resilience, and learning, but also to engage in university-wide networks such as the Techmed Centre and the Digital Society Institute at the University of Twente. Furthermore, we have longstanding collaboration with (mental) health care institutes.
Innovative technologies are not always used to their full potential in (mental) health care. However, the question on implementation of innovative technologies goes beyond the mere use and adaptation of technology by healthcare professionals, but includes how routines, networks, and organizations are transformed in everyday practice. Professionals do not only need to learn to work with new technologies, but also need to develop their professional identities: what does being a professional mean with increasing technological innovations in healthcare? This asks for a value-based approach to professional learning, stressing values like compassion, agency, autonomy and safety. In close collaboration with (mental) healthcare organizations, you will develop and contribute to interdisciplinary research and to the challenge of professional development in relation to the implementation of innovative health technologies. You will contribute to our interdisciplinary research domains of resilience, emerging technologies and societal transformations, or health in the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS).
In addition to research, you will contribute to the education of our students, by coordinating, developing and teaching courses in the Bachelor and Master Programme of Psychology. You will engage in supervision of Bachelor and Master theses in the Psychology programmes and will supervise PhD-students.
University of Twente (UT)
You have a strong interest and shown ability to collaborate in an academic, multidisciplinary environment and to achieve societal impact. In addition you have experience with implementation and professional development in relation to technological innovations. A successful candidate will also demonstrate her or his intrinsic motivation and strong abilities for teaching, both lecturing and tutoring, designing and coordinating courses. Furthermore, we encourage you to apply if:
- you have a PhD degree in a field related to psychology, communication science, computer science, educational sciences.
- you have a passion for teaching and the ambition to become a creative teacher.
- you have strong abilities for high-quality, interpretive research in organizational contexts.
- you have ability and ambition to work closely with external stakeholders.
- you are effective in acquiring external funding.
- you have excellent communication skills and are a team player.
- you are fluent in English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage.
- you have a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) or equivalent, or are willing to acquire one within three years.
Conditions of employment
We offer a fulltime structural position, starting with a temporary appointment with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. Our terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement for Universities (CAO). Depending on experience and qualifications, the gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranges between € 3.974,- (scale 11) to € 6.181,- (scale 12) (the 30% tax ruling might be applicable). Additionally, the University of Twente offers attractive employment conditions such as:
- an 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
- an attractive solid pension scheme;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis;
- possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- we are a family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners;
- professional and personal development programs;
- finally, you will work in a lively, inspiring and dynamic working environment in an organization focusing on internationalization, where you will have a high degree of responsibility and independence.
Many of the major societal challenges of our current and future world - such as transitions in health care, building capacity for resilience and risk-management, creating inclusive and sustainable, safe communities-warrant a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to technological innovations. The department Technology, Human and Institutional Behaviour (HIB) at the University of Twente (The Netherlands) comprises expertise in psychology, communication science and public administration and aims to integrate individual, (inter)organizational, institutional, and societal perspectives on technologies of behaviour change. In addition, innovative technologies are increasingly used to understand human behaviour in our rapidly digitalizing world. The HIB-department is committed to designing, evaluating, implementing and teaching about comprehensive technology-based solutions supporting people in behaviour that promotes their health, safety, resilience, connectedness and joy.
More information about the department HIB can be found on the following website:
The section of Psychology, Health & Technology
More information about the departmental section Psychology, Health & Technology can be found on the following website: https://www.utwente.nl/en/bms/pht/
Are you interested in this position? Please submit your application until August 31th, 2022, by using the 'Apply now' button and include your full cv, along with the names of two references.
For more information, please contact prof. dr. G.J. (Gerben Westerhof (e-mail: email@example.com. For information about the selection procedure, please contact Karen Geerdink, HR advisor, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.