Photonic chips, or PICs, will revolutionize the application of photonics in areas such as healthcare, communication, quantum and sensing. Integrated photonics has the potential to be a disruptive response to solving big societal challenges of today and tomorrow. The Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), together with University of Twente, TNO and Photon Delta has founded the Photonic Integration Technology Center (PITC), a center of excellence that underpins the ambition to strengthen the emerging integrated photonics technologies and ecosystem around those.Academic and Industrial Environment
The PITC works tightly together with universities as well as industry and bridges the gap by performing applied research and development activities. Our work is characterized by the combination of academic excellence and industry relevance, providing a strong real-world impact. The Metrology Program
Metrology is one of the PITC's main technical program lines with an objective to overcome one of the major challenges related to manufacturing of integrated photonics products. Key to manufacturing PICs in high volume is the development of scalable, reliable, and high-throughput test processes and systems.About you
You have a passion for integrated photonics, want to bring the metrology methods to a higher level and want to change the world with these new technologies. You want to work in an enthusiastic team where you can truly make a difference. Working at the boundary of academic research and industrial application excites you.What we are looking for
We are looking for a research technicians and postdocs candidates to fill this position, with a strong drive for creating and improving test and measurement solutions for the next generation products and applications for integrated photonics.
- Define optical and electrical test specifications for integrated photonics.
- Define design specifications for optical and electrical test.
- Characterize and validate the performance of test processes, methods, and solutions.
- Develop and maintain process design kits (PDK) based on test, design and process parameters.
- Prepare electronic-photonic test protocols for next generation manufacturing of photonic integrated circuits.
- Develop, maintain and extend test data management systems.
- Develop, operate and maintain electronic-photonic testbeds.
- Contribute to the development of the IEEE standards for integrated photonics
- Contribute with Principal Investigators in running other activities, projects, and program lines under umbrella of the PITC.