Fixed-term contract: 84 months.
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities a full-time tenure track position as Assistant Professor and:
● a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 3,974 up to a maximum of € 5,439 gross per month (salary scale 11, depending on your career stage) for a full-time position
● holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
● a pension scheme
● maternity and parental leave
● the possibility to work part-time (0.8 FTE or 0.9 FTE)
● a personal development trajectory and a mentor program
● dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Consult our website (https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/) for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen.
In case of a full-time contract, you will initially be appointed for 7 years and your performance will be assessed after 5 years. This moment may be extended with at most one year in case of a life event (e.g. prolonged illness or maternity leave). If your assessment is positive, you will get a tenured appointment as Associate Professor with an education profile. Please consult this link (https://www.rug.nl/fse/meet-the-faculty/vacatures/vacatures/tenure-track-positions-education-profile/assistant-professor-with-an-education-profile-def.pdf) for more details on the criteria for promotion.
Assessment procedure and criteria: https://www.rug.nl/fse/meet-the-faculty/vacatures/vacatures/tenure-track-positions-education-profile/assistant-professor-with-an-education-profile-def.pdf
The continuation of the career path after the level of Associate Professor with an education profile is currently being developed. It will include the possibility of applying for promotion to the position of Full Professor with an education profile.