You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 31 Dec 2022).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
The Manager Business Development is a new central function within the ECIU University management focusing on business development. You will play a central role in developing ECIU University towards broader business and revenue perspectives. The aim is to deliver sustainable income revenues from new sources, other than the typically known public funding streams of universities. You initiate the first commercial activities of ECIU University by co-creating an innovative and impactful business framework that meets the growing demand, first for innovative models of continuous learning, but eventually also for other business opportunities related to education, research, and innovation.
Your role includes also strategic management of external stakeholders in the European context. Your task is to engage with public and private stakeholders to establish trusted strategic relationships for ECIU University based upon shared European value proposition within specific ECIU knowledge areas related to big societal challenges. The ECIU University eco-systemic approach is based on open collaboration in education, research, and innovation aiming for social and economic impact across Europe. This position is linked directly with the regional innovation systems of the member institutions and the national ECIU University coordinators of external collaboration in the ECIU member institutions.
To fulfil these tasks, you are a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and creative self-starter who can think big, establish successful long-lasting relationships, is diplomatically skilled and able to promote the business development of ECIU University.
As Manager Business Development you establish, lead and execute ECIU business development and funding models in collaboration with ECIU University members, management and relevant stakeholders. Also you develop a strategic framework and operating plan for business development. You ensure that ECIUs partnership proposition is established, understood and recognized in the market. Furthermore you map and prioritize potential partnerships in the market with a focus on partnerships that enable the growth of the ECIU University digital platform. Also you identify, build and manage relationships with key external stakeholders.
University of Twente (UT)
- Masters degree and appropriate combination of experience and education.
- Professional experience and successful track record in innovative business development.
- Experience in business operations and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to create and streamline processes and drive adoption.
- Demonstrated experience working in a horizontal or matrixed organization.
- Professional analytical skills.
- Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of higher education, especially at the intersection between public and private. Experience in continuous learning in commercial market is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Conditions of employment
- By 2030, ECIU University will be an agile, open ecosystem at the European level for solving multi-disciplinary societal challenges, doing research and learning for life. We believe in creating an invigorating model of a true European University for the benefit of European society. Currently, over 300 people in 13 universities in 13 European countries (and a partner university in Mexico) work with dedication to accomplish this dream.
- In this position, you will have the unique opportunity to co-create the business strategy of a new European University in its start-up phase and beyond. ECIU University is truly paving the way of reinventing higher education at the European level, a concept which is of great interest to many stakeholders. You will become part of an international passionate team of people who believe in the creation of a new European university.
- We offer a competitive remuneration package based on educational qualification and working experience. The preferred location for this position is Brussels, Belgium. Start of the position is as soon as possible.
The ECIU University is an EU-funded initiative of the alliance of 13 universities in the ECIU that creates a ground-breaking and innovative educational model on a European scale. It is based uponEuropean Consortium of Innovative Universities (ECIU) the leading international network of research intensive universities, with collective emphasis on innovation, creativity and societal impact. The position will be part of the central management of ECIU University.