We are looking for excellent and highly motivated candidates with a PhD degree in engineering with an interest in both modeling and experimentation and strong experience with circularity.
You should be able to work independently, have strong communication skills, the attitude to participate successfully in an international and multidisciplinary team, and the ability to teach and supervise PhD students.
Any of the following could be considered an advantage and should be mentioned in the motivation letter:
- PhD in engineering (e.g. mining, mechanical, civil, chemical…) focusing on the circularity of materials
- Having several publications and scientific communications in this field
- Previous experience with building materials and their processing/characterization
- Experience with relevant chemical/physical/mechanical characterization techniques (XRD, XRF, SEM, FTIR, tensile, flexural etc…)
- Affinity with (raw) materials research and laboratory experience
- Good leadership skills shown by successful supervision of students/researchers
- Teaching experience
A sufficient English language level, both written and spoken, is required. Proofs of English level (such as certificates, coursework followed in English, manuscripts written in English etc.) should be mentioned. Candidates who do not the title of PhD/Doctor will not be considered for the current vacancy.