Are you an IT professional who wants to be challenged every day? At the TU/e, scientists and students continuously create the unthinkable. The strength of the IT landscape is their key to success and, hence, so are you. These creative minds expect you to offer them a solution for tomorrow that doesn't exist today. Together we are building the high performance backbone that this epicenter of science and technology demands.The service department Library and Information Services (LIS) is integral responsible for delivering support to the TU/e departments and other services. The service is subdivided in six Product Areas: Library and Open Science, Research, Education, Corporate, Data & Insights and Platforms.
For the product Area Education we are looking for a Product Owner (0,8 - 1,0 FTE) in the product team Student & Education Logistics Support.
As a Product owner you are foremost a member of the agile product team and therefore will work closely with the experts in the team and other teams in and outside LIS. This product team is integrally responsible for the maintenance and innovation of the Education supportive systems (Student Information System, Scheduling system, Student attendance system, Quality Assurance System, etc.) and for delivering service to the Educational domain. You are the representative of the product and you translate goals and objectives into work activities. You will prioritize the backlog of the team from a business perspective and streamline execution while maintaining the (technical) integrity of the functions and components.
You will work in close cooperation with the Product area lead Education and the Competence manager.Job Description:
- Articulate and consistently emphasize the short- and long term vision of the product to the team and relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure strategic alignment of the product team to create a vision and define goals for developments products in the product portfolio;
- Own, build, prioritize, decide and refine the user stories in the team;
- Review and reprioritize the backlog as part of the preparatory work for iteration including coordinating content dependencies with other product owners;
- Be the primary communicator and link between stakeholders and the product team;
- Protect the long term (technical and/or domain) integrity of the product and ensuring that the quality is sufficient;
- Involve the team in backlog refinement to achieve minimum handover and maximum joint understanding;
- Understand the scope of the upcoming work and collaborate with the team members and others in the organization to assist with decision-making;
- Validate stories making so they meet the acceptance criteria and definition of done;
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint teams and retrospective.