You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 15 Mar 2023).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Are you a IT infrastructure Engineer who wants to rise above yourself, in your profession and as a person? Do you want to be challenged every day? At the TU/e, scientists and students continuously create the unthinkable. The strength of the IT landscape is their key to success and, hence, so are you. These creative minds expect you to offer them a solution for tomorrow that doesn't exist today. Together we are building the high-performance backbone that this epicenter of science and technology demands. Are you driven by taking ownership and do you have an entrepreneurial mindset? We would like to get in touch with you!
To expand our team of IT professionals, we are looking for an experienced IT infrastructure engineer, who will contribute to the maintenance and improvement of the IT fundament of our university.
As part of our Platform team you will help to maintain and improve our Windows and on-premise virtualization platform (VxRail). Building a stable platform for corporate solutions and you will also work on building innovative solutions for research and education, using DevOps and Infrastructure-as-Code.
The TU/e maintains a hybrid cloud environment which consists of mayorly an on-premises datacenter and a steadily growing (Azure) cloud landscape. You will focus primarily on maintaining our VMware and Windows platform.
You will work as part of an agile team. You will analyse technical issues and provide feedback to both internal organization and suppliers, where you will act as a single point of contact. Besides this you are responsible for initiating, planning and executing lifecycle projects.
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
Who are you?
Preferably, you also have knowledge of, or experience with:
- Bachelor or higher educational level.
- Recent VMware certification.
- Relevant Microsoft certifications.
- Minimal 2 years of experience in maintaining VMware environments.
- Minimal 2 years of experience in maintaining Windows server environments.
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Powershell, Terraform, Ansible).
- You have basic knowledge of networking.
- Experience with ITIL and Agile methodology.
- You are a team player, who likes to share collaborate with colleagues.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English, Dutch is a plus.
- Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
- Microsoft Azure
- Storage technologies
Conditions of employment
What we offer:
- A challenging full-time appointment in a dynamic and ambitious university;
- The salary is in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities and depending on education and work experience;
- A competitive salary scheme (salary scale 10 or 11 with minimum € 2.960,- and maximum € 5.439, - gross p/m) in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The salary level depends on your experience, education and knowledge;
- On top of this, the position comes with a very attractive job package that features benefits including pension subsidence, ample vacation days (41 when working 40 hours a week), holiday allowance (8%), plus even a fixed end-of-year bonus (8,3%), a so-called 13th check.
- You will be appointed for a period of 1 year with the possibility of extension to a permanent contract.
- An extensive package of fringe benefits (e.g., excellent technical infrastructure, extra training options, the possibility of childcare and excellent sports facilities).
- The role requires onsite presence, but there is also offers (much) flexibility when it comes to remote/hybrid working. We happily discuss this further with you in a job interview meeting.