Eindhoven University of Technology is a place that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on mentality. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow. Our campus is at the center of one of the most powerful technology hubs in the world: Brainport Eindhoven, an area that is still growing exponentially.
High Performance Computing (HPC, or supercomputing) is becoming ever more important as a tool in many domains within research, education and industry. Therefore the TU/e has built a lab for HPC application and infrastructure services. This center for supercomputing includes local and cloud solutions, but also uses national and international computing facilities.The position
We are looking for a proactive, service-minded and self-driven HPC Application Support Engineer who will help us build and professionalize this new and innovative service. Do you want to rise above yourself, in your profession and as a person? Do you want to be challenged every day? At the TU/e, scientists and students continuously create the unthinkable. These creative minds expect you to offer them a solution for tomorrow that doesn't exist today. You will closely work with researchers, students of all departments and TU/e institutes as well as with industry partners. You have HPC infrastructure engineering knowhow, but your main focus and interest is on the application and workflow side. You will work in a team of highly motivated experts and can help us shape the future of our university, scientists and students.What does the job entail?
- Assisting and advising researchers and students to efficiently deploy scientific simulations on the various HPC platforms, such as batch computing clusters and cloud infrastructure;
- Working with researchers to understand and optimize their applications;
- Optimizing application workflow (pre-processing, simulation, post-processing, data storage etc.) to make best use of a given HPC platform;
- Work together as a team member with vendor support engineers and TU/e IT professionals;
- Benchmarking and administration/accounting of workloads;
- Training and communication for end-users.