Fixed-term contract: 18 months.
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €5,506 (scale 13) and a maximum €6,702 (scale 13), depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
We offer a tenure track/career track position at the level of Associate Professor. A career plan to grow from Associate Professor lv 2 (profile Universitair Hoofddocent 2, salary scale 13) to Associate Professor lv 1 (profile Universitair Hoofddocent 1, salary scale 14) will be made and formalised in a tailored tenure track/career track agreement (with specific performance indicators).
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 18 months, including two months' probation. 15 months after the starting date, performance will be evaluated. After a successful evaluation permanent employment will be granted.
The starting package will include:
- Two PhD students in the Innovation PhD scheme (i.e., all our PhD-students are co-supervised with another member of the Department or equivalent)
- Depending on seniority of the candidate, one career-track assistant professor position to be hired as part of the novel group.
- Two Innovation PhD students per new permanent staff member.
The further career growth trajectory may include the possibility to negotiate the assignment of an additional career-track assistant professor.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment;
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- solid pension scheme (ABP);
- contribution to commuting expenses;
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package;
- good paid parental leave arrangement;
- the possibility to work partly from home (hybrid working);
- on campus child daycare, sport facilities, family support programs including: dual career workshops, Dutch language class, tax & insurance workshop (some might have additional costs);
- certain tax benefits (30% ruling) might apply to international candidates;
- help and assistance with relocation (international candidates).