Fixed-term contract: 18 months.
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €5,506 (scale 13) and a maximum €6,702 (scale 13), depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
We offer a tenure track/career track position at the level of Associate Professor. A career plan to grow from Associate Professor 2 (profile Universitair Hoofddocent 2, salary scale 13) to Associate Professor 1 (profile Universitair Hoofddocent 1, salary scale 14) will be made and formalised in a tailored tenure track/career track agreement (with specific performance indicators).
The initial appointment will be for a period of 18 months (including 2 months probation) , which will be turned into a tenured position after the initial period when the performance indicators agreed at the start of the appointment are met.
The starting package will include:
- Two PhD students in the Innovation PhD scheme (i.e., all our PhD-students are co-supervised with another member of the Department or equivalent).
- Depending on seniority of the candidate, one career-track assistant professor position to be hired as part of the novel group.
- Two Innovation PhD students per new permanent staff member.
- The Department will apply for an AiNed Fellowship Grant for this position. This grant aims to attract internationally much sought after AI talent to Dutch academic research organizations by supporting universities in offering an attractive starting package. When granted, this will lead to three additional PhD student and/or PostDoc positions.
The further career growth trajectory may include the possibility to negotiate the assignment of an additional career-track assistant professor.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment;
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- solid pension scheme (ABP);
- contribution to commuting expenses;
- good paid parental leave arrangement;
- the possibility to work partly from home (hybrid working);
- on campus child daycare, sport facilities, family support programs including: dual career workshops, Dutch language class, tax & insurance workshop (some might have additional costs);
- certain tax benefits (30% ruling) might apply to international candidates;
- help and assistance with relocation (international candidates).