You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 20 Mar 2023).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
You will have to gather and curate curricula and courses related to the space sector at Bachelor, Master and post-graduate levels, continuing education covering upstream, midstream, and downstream areas across EU-27. You will also identify and analyse the skills, competencies and educational standards in existing space-related curricula and courses using both manual reviews and text mining approaches. And you will create an online catalogue that will allow a user-friendly searching and retrieval of the educational offer in the space-related sector.
University of Twente (UT)
- Bachelor or MSC degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or similar domains
- Good programming skills
- Knowledge and experience in Python, R and desirably, also in other programming languages
- Good experience in database management, natural language processing, and text mining
- Prior experience in Linked data technology is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Conditions of employment
- An inspiring and challenging international environment
- Fulltime position for one year.
- Gross monthly salary between € 2,818.00 and € 3,764.00 (fulltime, depending on experience and qualifications, job profile Education/Research officer level 3)
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- A solid pension scheme
- A total of 41 holiday days in case of fulltime employment
- Professional and personal improvement programmes
The Department of Earth Observation Science (EOS) is engaged in education, research, and capacity building on earth observation, image analysis, and geo-health. The department develops and applies methods for the extraction of large-scale geo-information from, satellite, airborne and terrestrial sensors. The expertise of the department covers spatial statistics, image analysis, machine learning, deep learning, monitoring, and data integration. Geo-health relates the dynamics of diseases to the geo context. This is done by modeling the spread of diseases and their explanatory variables and includes understanding the emergence of diseases at various scales.
The vacancy is within the scope of the 'ASTRAIOS: Analysis of skills, training, research and innovation opportunities in space' project. The project is funded in the framework of the Horizon Europe Call HORIZON-CL4-2022-SPACE-01: Strategic Autonomy in Developing, Deploying and Using Global Space-based Infrastructures, Services, Applications and Data 2022. The overall objective of ASTRAIOS is to provide an exhaustive view and understanding of the current and future offer of Space curricula and courses in the EU-27, and characterize the demand from the European Space industry, leading to the identification of actionable ways forward toward a better alignment between the European space sector's curricula and qualification capabilities and the skills required by the future EU space sector to foster innovation and increase EU competitiveness